• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What will Pat Cummins’ legacy be?

Coronis

International Coach
Speaking of first (or second) change bowlers heres some stats for them.

Kallis 223 @ 32.15
Wagner 205 @ 29.43
Walsh 189 @ 26.67
Botham 163 @ 25.25
Morkel 148 @ 29.87
Cummins 132 @ 21.18
Garner 129 @ 21.86
Marshall 113 @ 23.80
Rabada 87 @ 25.45 (only up til 2020)
Holding 78 @ 23.07
Fraser 68 @ 22.02
Clark 63 @ 22.57
Jamieson 63 @ 17.79
Pollock 57 @ 22.03

Gob

International Coach
Probably better than Gillespie. Not yet better than McDermott, Lee or Johnson yet

Still a long way off Lindwall, Lillee and McGrath in the Aussie ATG XI
Obviously the legacies being *** tapes, six and out, not bowling on the pitch

subshakerz

International Coach
Cummins' records in England and India is not unsalvageable.

If he gets his average in England below 25, and his average in India below 30, I would consider him in the top ten ATG pacers. He really needs a strong series in India though.

As a captain, he will end up in the 'good' captain categories of Steve Waugh, Clarke, etc. But outside the great captains of Chappell, Benaud and Taylor. Again, this may change with a major triumph but given that much of his all star crew is retiring, he may not get another change.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cummins' records in England and India is not unsalvageable.

If he gets his average in England below 25, and his average in India below 30, I would consider him in the top ten ATG pacers. He really needs a strong series in India though.

As a captain, he will end up in the 'good' captain categories of Steve Waugh, Clarke, etc. But outside the great captains of Chappell, Benaud and Taylor. Again, this may change with a major triumph but given that much of his all star crew is retiring, he may not get another change.
No one outside a small segment of CW cares about this **** bro

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anderson is so conditions dependant that he may as well be a finger spinner. Broad always fronted up and posed a tough challenge. Anderson is a door mat in comparison. He’s played in, what, eight Ashes series and had one decent one.

The sample size is plenty big enough to draw a conclusion. Anderson is a myth. He’s conspicuous by his absence as a factor in the most important series of all. Dud

D U D
U
D

crap
Anderson averages like 26 overall, the idea he’s entirely conditions dependent is a relic from over a decade ago. But it seems a strange point to make when comparing him to Broad, compare their records in Asia for example.

Also he’s averaged under 30 in five Ashes series, so you can take the one decent series point and stick it too.

Dickhead.

Good post otherwise

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
He's taken 117 wickets in 39 Ashes tests so even with my poor mathematical skills that's a WPM of exactly 3 which isn't flash for a new ball bowler.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He's taken 117 wickets in 39 Ashes tests so even with my poor mathematical skills that's a WPM of exactly 3 which isn't flash for a new ball bowler.
His overall Ashes record isn’t flash, but it doesn’t contradict what I said.

Excellent in 10-11, 2015. Good in 13, decent in 17-18, 21-22. Had his moments in 2009 but trailed off horrendously. Below par in 13-14, should have been nowhere near the tour in 06-07. Last year obviously poor.