• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

King Kane

International Debutant
Ayub off the pair with a boundary.

That will be a relief for him., he hasn't joined the Gooch club with a pair on test debut.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Masood averages 29 after 32 Tests how on Earth did he become Test Captain , terrible player how can you just gift your wicket like that after losing an early wicket.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon Starc's being all over the shop in that over helped him get the wicket. Though the main reason was it came back a country mile.

Starfighter

Granted this sort of bowling from Hazlewood isn't easy to face for anyone, but Ayub looks really ill-equipped to handle it.

Shady Slim

International Coach
and not to go on and on about it but this is a real reason that it’s so hard to win for a touring team on an australian pitch. these two get through starc and haze and instead of relief a bowler better than both of them combined comes in for a trundle instead

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Granted this sort of bowling from Hazlewood isn't easy to face for anyone, but Ayub looks really ill-equipped to handle it.
I picked Saim Ayub in the fantasy draft , did some background knowledge on this guy , he is a destroyer of bowling attacks his modus operandi is to score at run a ball like a Sehwag ,so if Australia do not get rid of him they are going to fetch the ball from the boundary, has a FC SR of 70

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I really do think Masood has a lot about him as a leader. I hope his form holds well enough for him to be secure in the side long term, because I can see him leading them into a pretty formidable outfit tbh
They also overflow with so much talent they can afford to carry a Brearley type captain role IMO.

Starfighter

Good way to break the batsman's concentration this. Pretend it's foothole problems every time you bowl a crap ball.

They may as well just get the umpire to hang onto the sledgehammer when Starc's bowling.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Is anyone else a bit worried despite the result this series? I just don't feel very confident in this side right now despite the whitewash.

Marnus has been scratchy for a prolonged period, Smith looks the worst he's looked in ages, head has had a dreadful series, and starc is the second best bowler in the side despite bowling both sides of the wicket regularly this series. As bad as Warner's been for a while, he's a major reason where up in this series and hes done after this game, and the replacements are so bad where talking about making green, marnus or Smith to open. We've also got to replace usman in the near future.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is anyone else a bit worried despite the result this series? I just don't feel very confident in this side right now despite the whitewash.

Marnus has been scratchy for a prolonged period, Smith looks the worst he's looked in ages, head has had a dreadful series, and starc is the second best bowler in the side despite bowling both sides of the wicket regularly this series. As bad as Warner's been for a while, he's a major reason where up in this series and hes done after this game, and the replacements are so bad where talking about making green, marnus or Smith to open. We've also got to replace usman in the near future.
No because we have BISON

Gob

International Coach

Well you will no doubt go on to have a lean run after this core group of players retire. Can't avoid that