• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
That fifty Carey scored in the last test was just what the doctor ordered. Was an important innings for the team and for his confidence.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah if it was say Warner I could understand it as the pitch is bouncing low and he was quite deep in the crease, but with Marsh as long as it's not close to a half-volley height always has to be a question. Poor decision.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah if it was say Warner I could understand it as the pitch is bouncing low and he was quite deep in the crease, but with Marsh as long as it's not close to a half-volley height always has to be a question. Poor decision.
It's hit him on the thigh. Just an awful piece of umpiring

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think Hasan could go just a touch wider on the crease to better exploit that cracked area. Then again, most bowlers don't seem to realise they're allowed to do this.

And more easy runs to deep point.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh yeah me too but that just goes to show that even if pretty much everything is in the bowler's favour there, it's still going over.
I actually thought it was probably already over even on impact. It wasn't quite that bad but given how obviously not-out it looked live it makes the decision even worse.

Spark

Global Moderator
I actually thought it was probably already over even on impact. It wasn't quite that bad but given how obviously not-out it looked live it makes the decision even worse.
Haha yeah given how flat the trajectory of the ball would have been at that point that's quite possible actually.

TheJediBrah

That doesn't augur well for any chase of substance we might have to undertake...
Absolutely. We really need a lead here, and a decent one. We cannot chase in the 4th innings at the best of times, and this is not the best of times.

If we don't get 400 odd we're ****ed IMO

TheJediBrah

Hamza looks to have fitness issues (as in literally he's not that fit). Bowled awesome with the new rock yesterday morning but today has been pretty crap.

TheJediBrah

Smith
Head
Labuschagne
Green
McSweeney
Marsh

Wouldn't mind seeing a top 6 like this when Warner/Uzzy are gone

The openers are obviously the sticking point, I'm not sure who should be in those 2 spots (could be anyone really) but I just don't think there are any proper openers around that would do better than any 2 of these guys

More and more I want to see Smith moved to open. He's batting like a stodge anyway and looks like he needs a change to reinvigorate his game. Might help his mental focus too.