• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Head now going berserk. Ball was taking out a big chunk of leg stump, no real need to start wailing and whingeing like that.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised that the ump gave that live, but can't say Head's that unlucky. If he gets a bit forward that's not given on field I think.

Head's recent form is.....iffy. Obviously I wouldn't drop him yet, but he hasn't had a score over 50 in five Tests.

morgieb

Head now going berserk. Ball was taking out a big chunk of leg stump, no real need to start wailing and whingeing like that.
I mean often those aren't given. But yes, I think that's the sort of umpire's call that should just be out.

Spark

Global Moderator
Might not be the worst thing to drop this game long term tbh. Pakistan have played good cricket here and we've been variously complacent and sloppy at various times, especially with the bat. The number of unconverted starts the top four have made is criminal.

Qlder

International Debutant
Is Head's spot now under pressure by Green?
He's scored only 177 runs @ 19.66 in last 5 tests without a fifty

morgieb

Is Head's spot now under pressure by Green?
He's scored only 177 runs @ 19.66 in last 5 tests without a fifty
I mean he needs more than just a bad patch to come under question. Given how well he had been going before then he needs more than 5 bad Tests to come under pressure.

If he doesn't get over 50 in the next two series, then possibly.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The Australian batting line up is just so bad right now. These blokes would be fighting for their places if anyone else could score runs. Meanwhile, we have a guy who does average 50 in FC running drinks

morgieb

Might not be the worst thing to drop this game long term tbh. Pakistan have played good cricket here and we've been variously complacent and sloppy at various times, especially with the bat. The number of unconverted starts the top four have made is criminal.
Yeah Pakistan bowling early pies + Mitch Marsh has definitely masked some holes in the batting. Last test wasn't easy but this is still a pretty good wicket, especially against pace. Absolutely one of the top 4 should've gone on. Smith's shot in particular is unforgiveable.

Spark

Global Moderator
Whenever Australia play attritional cricket with the bat they fall apart
Yeah I really hate it. I'm convinced we would be doing so much better if this lot decided to play a few more shots and actually put pressure on fielding captains to make some difficult choices.

People rag on Warner and rightly so but I don't think it's an accident that the only truly convincing innings played by Aus batsmen have been attacking ones in this series. Only Khawaja has managed to attrit his way to a decent score and even he opened up significantly later on

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Australian batting line up is just so bad right now. These blokes would be fighting for their places if anyone else could score runs. Meanwhile, we have a guy who does average 50 in FC running drinks
And it looks increasingly like they're gonna try shoehorn him in as an opener.

Frankly I would rather Head open if they're gonna do that, just get him to play his shots.

Spark

Global Moderator
Don't worry though we'll solve the problem of turgid, attritional batting by picking a bloke who strikes at 40 in the Shield

Qlder

International Debutant
Maybe Head can be told you're dropped from #5 (for Green), however if you want to open there's a slot for you 😀

morgieb

Meh, I don't think the individual batsman really deserve to be dropped (other than maybe Warner who's retiring). Khawaja and Head are in a bit of a slump but had been dominant for 2 years before that. Marnus is at least getting starts and copped a couple of peaches just when he might've got a big score. Smith's form is a little more concerning but it's still Smith. And Marsh has been the one in-form batsman all series.