• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Australia XI squad for the West Indies tour match:

Peter Handscomb (c), Jack Clayton, Harry Conway, Jake Doran, Jayden Goodwin, Liam Haskett, Bradley Hope, Jack Nisbet, Liam Scott, Tim Ward, Doug Warren, Teague Wyllie

Basically non-BBL players. Disappointing to not see Boland included so WI are facing someone with a bit more experience. Neil-Smith might also have been a good pick.
They'll probably still win on the first innings.

Qlder

International Debutant
Aus XI is non-BBL players only, so why isn't Harris playing? Hopefully not because he's already penciled into Test squad 😞

Qlder

International Debutant
I see Bancroft is now the leading run scorer in both the Shield and BBL. He couldn't do anymore

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Australia XI squad for the West Indies tour match:

Peter Handscomb (c), Jack Clayton, Harry Conway, Jake Doran, Jayden Goodwin, Liam Haskett, Bradley Hope, Jack Nisbet, Liam Scott, Tim Ward, Doug Warren, Teague Wyllie

Basically non-BBL players. Disappointing to not see Boland included so WI are facing someone with a bit more experience. Neil-Smith might also have been a good pick.
Handscomb with a daddy hundred coming right up......

Are any of those seamers decent enough to simulate the quality of the test attack, at least in pace and movement, even if not in consistency?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Are any of those seamers decent enough to simulate the quality of the test attack, at least in pace and movement, even if not in consistency?
I'd say Scott and Hope are both too short and slow. Conway would be similar to Hazlewood in height and pace but much less accurate. Haskett is very tall but not quick. Nisbett's quite bouncy but not sure he's that quick. But I think he's the most promising bowler of the lot. There's no one of Starc's pace.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

It's barely a first-class quality attack tbh. Weaker than Shield sides

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say Scott and Hope are both too short and slow. Conway would be similar to Hazlewood in height and pace but much less accurate. Haskett is very tall but not quick. Nisbett's quite bouncy but not sure he's that quick. But I think he's the most promising bowler of the lot. There's no one of Starc's pace.
Scott really isn't short, but otherwise this is on the money

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I rate Nisbet quite highly.

Conway isn't very good but he should at least let the batsmen acclimatise to the extra bounce here unless they play it on a pudding.

Spark

Global Moderator

Shady Slim

International Coach
haha harris could make runs against the windies at home too especially if they get a bit demoralised, thus punching a ticket in the selector's eyes towards places where the ball swings and spins haha