• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
Surely there's got to be some reason Poch keeps starting Nick Jackson over Nkunku because the gap between them is comical.
My guess would be Nkunku just returned from nearly 4 months out with an injury and started a couple days ago, playing 60+ min.

Poch might have seen what happened to Stones and decided to look after his player's fitness.

Jackson actually played quite well. Broja on the other hand...

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
Some stats:
- Nottingham Forest spent €122m in the summer
- Nottingham Forest spent €195m in the 2022/23 season
- Nottingham Forest have spent €317m since the start of the 2022/23 season
- Nuno has managed 2 games for Nottingham Forest

- Manchester United spent €202m in the summer
- Manchester United spent €243m in the 2022/23 season
- Manchester United have spent €445m since the start of the 2022/23 season
- Ten Hag has managed 90 games for Manchester United

In 2 games Nuno has managed to implement a clearly defined style of play and identified existing players in the squad that suit the system he wants. That game and those above numbers should be all you ever need as evidence that Ten Hag is a fraud.

Spark

Global Moderator
I swear I've seen United concede that first goal - the cutback to a totally unmarked player wandering to the penalty spot - like a dozen times already this season

EDIT: Really both goals. It's like players turn invisible when they go into that spot when playing against that defence.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some stats:
- Nottingham Forest spent €122m in the summer
- Nottingham Forest spent €195m in the 2022/23 season
- Nottingham Forest have spent €317m since the start of the 2022/23 season
- Nuno has managed 2 games for Nottingham Forest

- Manchester United spent €202m in the summer
- Manchester United spent €243m in the 2022/23 season
- Manchester United have spent €445m since the start of the 2022/23 season
- Ten Hag has managed 90 games for Manchester United

In 2 games Nuno has managed to implement a clearly defined style of play and identified existing players in the squad that suit the system he wants. That game and those above numbers should be all you ever need as evidence that Ten Hag is a fraud.
All this tells me is that Forest have spent a huge amount of money.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I swear I've seen United concede that first goal - the cutback to a totally unmarked player wandering to the penalty spot - like a dozen times already this season

EDIT: Really both goals. It's like players turn invisible when they go into that spot when playing against that defence.
Yeah they usually play with no defensive midfielder and it leaves a huge gap there. It’s been a weakness since Keane retired tbh, although Casemiro was good there last season.

Niall

International Coach
yeah Amrabat has been a bust
He's not exactly peak Kante, but he hasn't been as bad as some are saying, he has been asked to perform miracles at times when it comes to offering protection to that defense.

ETH has been incredibly unfortunate when it comes to injuries but he is doing himself no favors by consistently picking the gruesome twosome Antony and McTominay who is basically a discount version of Fellaini.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amrabat has been a bit of a nothing player rather than someone who stands out in a bad way. Early signs aren’t great but jury’s still out on him IMO.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Not sure how accurate that is but really does show how woefully mismanaged United have been, interesting that West Ham are in 10th there, not surprising as they're probably Englands State-run club, with them being giving the Olympic Stadium, for being staunch supporters of the Tory scum.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Yeah they usually play with no defensive midfielder and it leaves a huge gap there. It’s been a weakness since Keane retired tbh, although Casemiro was good there last season.
Mainoo was covering that space before he went off. I get why ETH sent on McTominay for a goal but it was always going to open up the game as McTominay can’t be bothered. The back 5 isn’t good enough to not have cover. I’m guessing at Ajax it was.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
7.2xG v 0.59xG ends 4-2.

What on earth was that game
Not as ruthless as they should have been at either ends of the pitch to be honest, although the Isak finish was quality for the first Newcastle goal. Even so the Jota collapse for the last penalty was more than a bit pathetic when he had a good chance of rolling the ball in. Should never have been a penalty in my opinion.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm pretty certain that the only people who thought that was a penalty were the ref, VAR and Klopp. Absolute embarrassment and Taylor should've had an xG rating too. The first was a tough call for a penalty (surely wouldn't have been overturned had he not given it), the second just farcical.

Newcastle are a bit of a mess at the mo. I know they've got injuries, but they shouldn't get walked over through the middle like that, it wasn't a bad side he put out.