• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look at the snicko replay, it actually often goes the best selection of angles.

They have, I think that's conclusive enough.

Starfighter

Unfair on Lyon as Australia hasn't had a quality second / part time spinner to give a different look in ages.
A Clarke like option would be nice, but as I wrote above I think Lyon simply doesn't spin it as much as he used to. Could spell trouble against India.

Starfighter

Rizwan a bit stiff there, it may have hit the wristband but I don't think it was conclusive.
I think that's special pleading. The replays clearly showed from all available angles it passed close to the wrist band (and not half way up his arm as he was motioning), there was a somewhat faint but definite warm mark in the right place on hotspot, and the snicko replay showed sound at the right time.

Still would be pretty pissed to be on the wrong side it, but that's human nature.

King Kane

International Debutant
Not often Michael Gough gets a decision wrong.
Yeah he's a pretty good umpire, he's no Billy Bowden though, Billy probably would have given that not out just to troll the Aussies.

I remember him firing Damien Martyn out with a dodgy lbw decision in the 2005 Ashes series which helped England win that series.

There was no DRS back then to overturn the dodgy umpiring calls back then either.