• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Flem274*

123/5
This game is a massive tease.

Aga Salman was a handy player at home for Pakistan, and I'd like him to do well so my kiss of death here should see a comfortable Aussie win.

King Kane

International Debutant
Pakistan are still a chance with Rizwan still there, if it wasn't for that sitter dropped off Mitch Marsh early on they would have this wrapped up already.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Half-chances going Pakistan’s way big time now. Next few overs will decide the match.
Even if they get to stumps 5 down needing 85, doubt they can do it.

Just the pressure for the lower order to do it, especially in a country they haven't won a Test since 1995 would be enormous.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
*Something about Lyon not bowling us to victory in the fourth innings*

On a more serious note, I do think he's not getting as much rip on the ball as prior to doing his calf. Reminds me of his time post-2019 finger injury, I thought he took a long time, maybe even a couple of years, to really get his snap back, and - not surprisingly as he's no spring chicken now - I don't think he's ever spun it as much as he did in the mid 10s.

I was going to say I hope he gets a good run in the Shield as the post-test block really helped him around 2021, but we're touring NZ aren't we?

Last edited:

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Captain
Pakistan are still a chance with Rizwan still there, if it wasn't for that sitter dropped off Mitch Marsh early on they would have this wrapped up already.
Pakistan need 101 runs to win and they have 4 wickets in hand. I go back to the dropped catch on Day 3 - Mitch Marsh was dropped on 20 at First Slip and it was an absolute sitter and it was dropped, Marsh went on to score another 76 runs and was out for 96. If you take that 76 runs away from 101 then Pakistan would need 25 runs to win. It's so important for visiting teams to Australia to hold most of their catches. Dropping catches (especially easy ones) can be costly.

Last edited:

Kraken

State Captain
Pakistan need 101 runs to win and they have 7 wickets in hand. I go back to the dropped catch on Day 3 - Mitch Marsh was dropped on 20 at First Slip and it was an absolute sitter and it was dropped, Marsh went on to score another 76 runs and was out for 96. If you take that 76 runs away from 101 then Pakistan would need 25 runs to win. It's so important for visiting teams to Australia to hold most of their catches. Dropping catches (especially easy ones) can be costly.
good to see Pakistan have 12 2nd innings wickets

cricman

International 12th Man
Unfair on Lyon as Australia hasn't had a quality second / part time spinner to give a different look in ages.

In the past, a few overs from Clarke would do the trick ala Joe Root for England in these situations.