• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon you'd have to go back to some of the flatter pitches 3+ seasons ago (the year before the Ashes) to find an Australian pitch where the toss was influential

Qlder

International Debutant
Apparently Pakistan bowled 2 overs short in the Test and have been docked 2 WTC points and players fined 10% of their match fee

Qlder

International Debutant
i'm all for wtc points and fines being used as a sanction for egregious breaches of over rates but two short feels a bit stiff
I think giving only 2 short is a bit generous of ICC. Pakistan were 10 overs short by lunch on day 2 and i don't think they were any better in 2nd innings

Daemon

How did that recent clock trial go? I liked the idea as a solution, but the appropriate penealty is still something I struggle with. Has to be something with a severity between a fine (useless) and demerit points (captain copping a ban is too harsh and could be gamed by switching captains on paper).

WTC point deductions are especially harsh.

I think the penalty in ODIs is excellent.

Qlder

International Debutant
Nah it's ridiculous. Ruins the integrity of the whole competition.
Yep, England have lost 19 points, Australia 10 and Pakistan 2. That's a lot of points to mess up the actual WTC rankings (especially since top of the table India only have 16 points)

Last edited:

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
How did that recent clock trial go? I liked the idea as a solution, but the appropriate penealty is still something I struggle with. Has to be something with a severity between a fine (useless) and demerit points (captain copping a ban is too harsh and could be gamed by switching captains on paper).

WTC point deductions are especially harsh.

I think the penalty in ODIs is excellent.
Yeah, the WC ODI penalty was the best one I've seen; only issue is if a chasing team is inching towards a small total and fielders inside the circle are going to be there anyway.

Can't think of an appropriate one for Test cricket though; maybe something like the batting side being in control of whether a 2nd new ball can be taken but nothing really viable.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
honestly, when it's an england tour, absolutely, **** em, but i just don't get joy out of marcus harris belting sri lanka around the park
We can challenge Australia, weve got nothing to lose and Australia is a team in transition..
Thats just me being optimistic though lol

TheJediBrah

The bull**** part of over rates is that it penalised the only bowling that is exciting. If you bowl effeminate spin, you should need to get through 135 in a day.
This is the other **** part about it. Has strong potential to make the cricket worse. 80 overs a day of high quality fast bowling is better than 60 overs + 30 overs of enforced part time finger spin