• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Qlder

International Debutant
Half a ball needs to hit to overturn a not out decision. This was given out
That makes no sense. The half a ball required is due to the error in the system so you could argue ball was missing the stumps by half a ball so could be overturned 😉

Crap umpire decision either way

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That makes no sense. The half a ball required is due to the error in the system so you could argue ball was missing the stumps by half a ball so could be overturned 😉

Crap umpire decision either way
That's the point of having umpire's call. Otherwise the umpire's decision is irrelevant.

And even if 1% of the ball is hitting the stumps it should technically out. Overturning an out decision to not out because less than 50% of the ball is hitting would be absurd

Daemon

There are other formats of cricket and competitions going around that people do play - indeed, they are where Shaheen picked up his injuries.
There’s also precedent for poor workload management in the Pakistan set up.

Iirc Amir when came back from the long hiatus and they bowled him to the ground over the next 3 years. He had something close to the most number of overs bowled in international cricket for a duration of time and has directly pointed at it as a reason for his early retirement.

Daemon

Opinions are fine but ****wits like skyliner who only pops in to tour threads to stir up **** up can go and get ****ed
He does have a point re Smith always thinking he’s not out, though I think it falls well short of dissent.

Maybe it’s spreading within the team. Was it Warner who got away with a really bad one recently in the World Cup? Wade in the recent T20 series deserved a penalty for the no-ball call as well.

Personally I’m all for dissent. Keeps umpires in check.

Gob

International Coach
He does have a point re Smith always thinking he’s not out, though I think it falls well short of dissent.

Maybe it’s spreading within the team. Was it Warner who got away with a really bad one recently in the World Cup? Wade in the recent T20 series deserved a penalty for the no-ball call as well.

Personally I’m all for dissent. Keeps umpires in check.
Well he walked away in a world cup final

Personally I think most of the Aust players are sick of Joel Wilson's incompetence

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
There's a good case for Khawaja that he has been the best Australian Test batsman since his return to the team in January 2022:

Innings: 41
2081 runs @ 57.80
50s: 11
100s: 7
50+ Scores: 18
Not Outs: 5
Highest Score: 195*
Has been quite magnificent in Australia’s two most important way tours: Ashes 2023 and BGT 2023. Quite underrated

TheJediBrah

This is such a typical 4th day Perth pitch. Pretty good for batting other than that one ball every few overs that either shoots through or explodes off a length

Qlder

International Debutant
There's a good case for Khawaja that he has been the best Australian Test batsman since his return to the team in January 2022:
Has been quite magnificent in Australia’s two most important way tours: Ashes 2023 and BGT 2023. Quite underrated
Underrated by who? Pretty sure most Australians would rate Khawaja our best bat since his recall.