• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, I guessed the crowd wouldn't be too bad, it just looks bad given the size of the stadium.

It's like 3/4 full Edgbaston. Trouble is, it's hard to create an atmosphere when everyone is so spaced out.
The crowd often also moves to the shadier areas of the stadium which is hard to make out on TV. Makes it look emptier than it really is.

Qlder

International Debutant
I found this Simon O'Donnell quote interesting:

I had a really disturbing text yesterday," O'Donnell said on SEN.

"I had one of the more un-Australian texts I've ever received. It was from a good mate of mine. He was at the pub and David Warner made his hundred and he said not one person cheered or applauded. I thought that was horrible."

I can say the same. Pub I was in watching not one person cheered or clapped his hundred.

King Kane

International Debutant

"I had one of the more un-Australian texts I've ever received. It was from a good mate of mine. He was at the pub and David Warner made his hundred and he said not one person cheered or applauded. I thought that was horrible."

I can say the same. Pub I was in watching not one person cheered or clapped his hundred.
Was that a pub in Pakistan?

It doesn't surprise me that no one cheered or clapped a Warner hundred in a pub in Australia either though,

Certainly not in WA where I live, they would have cheered or clapped a Mitch Marsh hundred but not Warner.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can assure you that no one clapped for the Warner ton in the pub I am currently at.

We’re watching the highlights on WillowTV

Spikey

did o'donnell then say this is what happens when you bring politics into sport

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pakistan going along reasonably well at the moment. This is an informed opinion...I have watched about 5 minutes of the first 2 days.

(And just in case anyone was about to post "How does this differ from any of your other opinions?", I am in before you)

Chubb

International Regular

Jeez I said not wanting to like Davey was unaustralian as a joke, not expecting someone to actually use the word seriously.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Yeah me too but I don't think anyone was actually watching the game when he brought up the ton at the pub I was in except for me.

morgieb

Test seems stuck in a holding pattern. Will be interesting to see which way it goes.

One thing that we will say is that it'll go fairly deep in Day 5. Which isn't that common in Australia outside of mega roads (or if India plays).