• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure how the Indian media in general have reacted, but I did listen to the final review on cricbuzz with Dinesh Karthik (edit: Zaheer Khan, not Kartik) and co & couldn't believe how delusional they were. Saying crap like, 'normally you'd say that the better team won on the day, but Australia weren't the better team and this Indian team deserved to win the world cup'. To which of course I'm thinking, what an obvious croc of ****, they didn't deserve to win because they didn't play well enough in the game that ultimately mattered most, the final.

Now I see an interview with Harbhajan questioning the pitch...

Sigh, where's the graciousness in defeat?

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

It's not only delusion, it's a shocking lack of self awareness. Even if you really believed that you should know better than to openly say it. Just spout platitudes so you don't end up looking like a colossal dick.

Or maybe they think they need to say thay to protect themselves from the fans? There have been threats thrown around on social media to Australian players and their families I can imagine these guys could be targets

Sunil1z

International Regular
More like they don’t want to destroy their personal relation with cricketers . None of them have guts to criticise Gill, Rahul , SKY or Siraj .

trundler

Not sure how the Indian media in general have reacted, but I did listen to the final review on cricbuzz with Dinesh Karthik and co & couldn't believe how delusional they were. Saying crap like, 'normally you'd say that the better team won on the day, but Australia weren't the better team and this Indian team deserved to win the world cup'. To which of course I'm thinking, what an obvious croc of ****, they didn't deserve to win because they didn't play well enough in the game that ultimately mattered most, the final.

That's literally what happened though

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure how the Indian media in general have reacted, but I did listen to the final review on cricbuzz with Dinesh Karthik and co & couldn't believe how delusional they were. Saying crap like, 'normally you'd say that the better team won on the day, but Australia weren't the better team and this Indian team deserved to win the world cup'. To which of course I'm thinking, what an obvious croc of ****, they didn't deserve to win because they didn't play well enough in the game that ultimately mattered most, the final.

Are they wrong about the "you expect thr better team to win on the day" thing, though? India had more players in form leading into the game, the bookies had them winning it ~7/10 times leading in and on paper ide say the Indian team looks better in those conditions.

AUS won the game that mattered, but I don't think there a better team. Same thing applies to the 2021 t20 WC, honestly. I don't think AUS where a better team than pak on the metrics I said above but AUS won on the day.

Zinzan

Are they wrong about the "you expect thr better team to win on the day" thing, though? India had more players in form leading into the game, the bookies had them winning it ~7/10 times leading in and on paper ide say the Indian team looks better in those conditions.

AUS won the game that mattered, but I don't think there a better team. Same thing applies to the 2021 t20 WC, honestly. I don't think AUS where a better team than pak on the metrics I said above but AUS won on the day.
1) Australia were the better team on the day &
2) India didn't deserved to win the world cup after getting comfortably beaten in the final.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
1) Australia were the better team on the day &
2) India didn't deserved to win the world cup after getting comfortably beaten in the final.
I think I've misread the quote. I thought they where saying India where the better team leading into the day and youde expect them to win most times, not that India played better cricket on the day.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I don't think it's the ideal pitch for India to beat Australia tbh. And that has nothing to do with the toss
I think this was perfect pitch tbh . If India had won the toss , high chance that they would have restricted Aus to below 250.

However they underestimated Australia’s ability to adapt and overestimated their middle order .

subshakerz

International Coach
Not sure how the Indian media in general have reacted, but I did listen to the final review on cricbuzz with Dinesh Karthik (edit: Zaheer Khan, not Kartik) and co & couldn't believe how delusional they were. Saying crap like, 'normally you'd say that the better team won on the day, but Australia weren't the better team and this Indian team deserved to win the world cup'. To which of course I'm thinking, what an obvious croc of ****, they didn't deserve to win because they didn't play well enough in the game that ultimately mattered most, the final.

This is all a cope. We all knew the big test coming into the semis and final would be to see if India overcame their chocker demons. They didn't

India caved and they can't handle it. Blaming the pitch as a home team is just weak sauce.

Zinzan

I think I've misread the quote. I thought they where saying India where the better team leading into the day and youde expect them to win most times, not that India played better cricket on the day.
Yeah, had they said they still felt India were the stronger team, however Australia were the better team on the day & hence deserved their WC victory that would have been different.

subshakerz

International Coach
Guess it's different strokes for different folks, in regards to the quality of this World Cup. There's certainly been a lot of outstanding individual performances. Unfortunately as batting becomes more aggressive, scorelines in 50-over games (and 20s, mind you) are always going to be more lop-sided. Or certainly that is the case on good decks. As I've said before, I still loved it. Heaps of upsets, controversies around the semi final deck, the rise and fall of England, India's 10 in a row then crapping out, Australia winning nine on the trot after being written off, Maxwell's epic, there's just so much that will live on.

The thing I do know about 50-over contests is there's still a place for milestones, for personal records, for things that further illuminate the game. Kohli's 50 tons has been a big focus. Maxwell's 200. People averaging over 50. We had a whole thread on records and milestones. That provides extra weight to what is happening. If you bin that, T20 just doesn't have this weight to carry it.
The fact that 350 wan't a safe score in this WC to me wasn't a good thing. India aside, we barely saw any noteworthy bowling achievements from the other teams.

Am I the only one who felt that 80 percent of the dismissals in this tournament seemed like miscued hits caught deep in the field?

Sunil1z

International Regular
You think Rohit was lying when he said following losing the toss that India are happy as they would have batted first anyway?
Absolutely. IND defeated Aus on a similar pitch in group stage at Chennai while bowling first . You don’t expect him to say “ Oh no , why aren’t they batting First ? “

I think India might have defended or this could have been a close game if this was a Day game . Spinners are completely useless in India in winters after 20 overs in D/N game .

Himannv

International Coach
In other front page news a young man from Delhi in town for the WC has been caught by five policemen with a bottle of liquor in his car.
It's been alleged that rather than going through the usual channels the policemen attempted to extort 20,000 rupees from the young man.
Aren't you in town for the WC? Was this about you? :detective

TheJediBrah

I think this was perfect pitch tbh . If India had won the toss , high chance that they would have restricted Aus to below 250.
Not sure how you missed this before when it was pointed out to you (twice) but if India won the toss they would have batted anyway. Rohit literally said that

Edit: I see now we've progressed to "he said that but didn't mean it", lmao

Gob

International Coach

However they underestimated Australia’s ability to adapt and overestimated their middle order .
Nah they needed more purchase for spinners. Ball barely turned off the straight in the Australian innings and continued to do so in the Indian innings