• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

cnerd123

likes this
the post match ceremony script reads like it was written for Australia, but the just inserted India instead:

"Congratulations to India on a fantastic tournament. Glad they showed up, and they brought a lot to this event."

subshakerz

International Coach
I actually think its an advantage that cricket is not that wildly followed there. Coz then they are treating it like a game and they will still be the same people the next day. Its very hard to do that in an Indian team environment or even the Pak or BD ones. I actually thought the one thing Babar was doing well for Pak was he was keeping them pretty chill as a side by his nature. But eventually this pressure of cricket being everything in the Indian SC gets to our sides. All of them.

Just makes what MSD did even more remarkable IMO.
It doesn't help that you have a media industry invested on hyping the expectations of your players too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
the post match ceremony script reads like it was written for Australia, but the just inserted India instead:

"Congratulations to India on a fantastic tournament. Glad they showed up, and they brought a lot to this event."
Nah sounds like hastily re-written as they kept hoping for a miracle even with 50 to win lol.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It doesn't help that you have a media industry invested on hyping the expectations of your players too.
No one is forcing you to consume any media and your idiotic bigoted commentary of the cricketers is just wrong as usual, even if the country's media sucks, like it does for all countries across the world.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Too bad, but 30K out of 130K would sound like that sometimes. The crowds in India generally wont applaud the boundaries and wickets from the opposition but when milestones happen there is usually applause even if its begrudging.
Your not really helping your point

Aussies get standing ovations getting centuries in England.

30k clapping does not sound like that, it's bloody loud I've witnessed it hundreds of times.

Unless English people have harder hands or something.

Kirkut

International Regular
I think our batters made a mistake by assuming that they'll accumulate till the 40th over and then go all attack. Cummins came up with a very simple plan, and it was so well executed that we never got the opportunity to attack.

subshakerz

International Coach
Your not really helping your point

Aussies get standing ovations getting centuries in England.

30k clapping does not sound like that, it's bloody loud I've witnessed it hundreds of times.

Unless English people have harder hands or something.
Also, the vast majority of the crowd is literally gone by the closing ceremony and whoever remains boos the umpires.

On second thought though, I understand their pain.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
No. Too batting friendly, not enough close games, no surprise in the top four, one-sided final.
Opinions, like assholes. You think mine smells but I like it.

Yeah there weren't as many close games as you'd ideally like but that's the nature of the way runs are scored now - its often boom or bust. But there were many incredible feats with the bat especially and ball, more upsets than were expected including the final, two enthralling semis, Kohlis efforts, the likes of Ravindra making a name for himself etc. I wouldn't call it the best World Cup of all time but I thoroughly enjoyed it and to me it showed ODIs should never die