• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think India are short but as HB said, the way we batted on Thursday does not give me confidence. This is a flatter deck than that but India's bowling > South Africa's.

Will be a fun chase, in any case. Shame I've got work in the morning so can't really stay up (although I bet I'll end up flicking on if I wake up and I see the score is like 4/150 or something).

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The pitch looks like a hard-to-score-but-hard-to-get-out-on slow turd of a pitch. 240 looks like a target that a competent side should chase down if they bat sensibly.

thierry henry

International Coach
Having hated on SKY and Iyer I just hope Warner, Head and Marsh fail with the ugly slogging they are definitely about to attempt. Unfortunately for Indian fans we can’t have it all in one night.

Dissector

International Debutant
I am going to stand out and say it's 55-45 in India's favour. India has 5 good bowlers, there is something in the pitch, there will be huge crowd pressure and Australia struggled with a smaller chase in the semi.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People are undervaluing india here. Jadeja is going to be a nightmare on this pitch second up.
This pitch definitely favours India's attack, but the turn is not as bad as it was the other night. It's just slow. Cummins wicket hurrying Kohli was a miracle ball.

Gob

International Coach
Guess India's seamers would have to do the heavy lifting here. There aren't that much in the wicket for the spinners although Kooldeep and Jadeja are better spanners than any Australian spinner

There's every chance of Shami/ Bumrah and Siraj cutting through Australia too and leave them 30 for 6 or something.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Opposite from the rest of the tournament, I think Smith and Marnus will be the important blokes in this chase. Obviously India will need to get Head, Maxwell, Marsh etc. early because they will make runs very quickly but I don't see it happening. Those guys will make a quick 30 or 40 at best here and it will be up to Marnus and Smith to do a 60-70 not out type innings to close it out

subshakerz

International Coach
I don't fault India too much, they just didn't stick in but didn't play bad shots. It is just that Australia were truly 100% keyed in and didn't give them much space.