• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #2- South Africa vs Australia - November 16th - Eden Gardens, Kolkata (D/N)

Bahseph

International Debutant
Miller actually has a pretty handy Knockout record of I remember correctly. He doesn't get the plaudits often but SA are sure going to miss him when he calls it a day.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Miller has given the SA batting a bit of fight... now can the bowlers stand-up and fight considering the batting has done majority of the heavy lifting recently. Damn this hope...

King Kane

International Debutant
That total of 212 probably isn't enough but at least it gives the SA bowlers a chance to win it, for them, they will need to bowl the Aussies out though.

The required run rate won't be a problem for them.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Miller actually has a pretty handy Knockout record of I remember correctly. He doesn't get the plaudits often but SA are sure going to miss him when he calls it a day.
That was such a high quality knock. Gave them something to bowl at.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Miller has given the SA batting a bit of fight... now can the bowlers stand-up and fight considering the batting has done majority of the heavy lifting recently. Damn this hope...
Has been very good in IPL for his Team in knockouts.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pollock made a good point on using Markram. Lets see if Bavuma does that
Why use Markram? SA bowlers have not bowled a ball yet and have two spinners as part of the 5 bowler attack, non-part timer attack. Sure if somebody starts getting carted. But no need to consider it before a ball is bowled.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Okay it's only been three knocks but he got a 50 when everyone crumbled in the Champions Trophy 2013 against England, was set up for a big score before the rain in the 2015 Semi against NZ and then a hundred here. That's a pretty good record for an SA batsman in knockouts IMO.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
We've got to feed these fast bowlers raw biltong and tell them to bowl at the Australians like they owe them money.

Also remind them that the last time we faced Australia in the group stage , we did get them out for 177.

Spark

Global Moderator
target 213 like in 1999

hope SA win from a pov where i want them to lose chokers tag

but aus winning will mean easier opponents in the final
I mean regardless of what happens unless they have Aus like 9/100 and somehow still contrive to lose it would be the height of harshness to call this a "choke". They just ran into immaculate new ball bowling in unexpectedly helpful conditions and never quite recovered, despite putting a real good effort to do so.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Why use Markram? SA bowlers have not bowled a ball yet and have two spinners as part of the 5 bowler attack, non-part timer attack. Sure if somebody starts getting carted. But no need to consider it before a ball is bowled.
I think its because of the pitch. Finger spinners to be more effective.

R!TTER

State Regular
I mean regardless of what happens unless they have Aus like 9/100 and somehow still contrive to lose it would be the height of harshness to call this a "choke".
Should've tried taking more singles, they were just doing boundary/dot or the extremely rare single. Kind of like how they played throughout the WC.