• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #2- South Africa vs Australia - November 16th - Eden Gardens, Kolkata (D/N)

Gob

International Coach
This South Africa’s best chance to make a final in my opinion. I know Aus had that win streak but they still got weaknesses in the powerplay bowling and middle order if one the openers fall early. If South Africa wins the toss their a massive chance
SA also have some weaknesses tbh. Bavuma only playing cos he is the captain and both Miller and Jansen are batting one spot too high for my liking

In other news, wtf happened to the forecast. Zero chance of rain now

loterry1994

International Debutant
SA also have some weaknesses tbh. Bavuma only playing cos he is the captain and both Miller and Jansen are batting one spot too high for my liking

In other news, wtf happened to the forecast. Zero chance of rain now
hope rain doesn’t ruin or shorten this game anyway. I think South Africa finally breaks their finals duck here as I like their bowling attack more. A lot of it rides on De kock in my opinion if he goes early and you got Bavuma there trying to build the innings they could be in some trouble. Same can probably be said about Australia and Warner. with Smith and Marnus not in real form and a lower strike rate. You can’t rely on Maxwell to consistently deliver as well. It’s the top 3 or bust for both teams

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair enough on other two... but Miller a spot to high? If anything he is a spot to lower. Always performs better if he gets his eye in before hitting out.

Gob

International Coach
Fair enough on other two... but Miller a spot to high? If anything he is a spot to lower. Always performs better if he gets his eye in before hitting out.
Fek me Miller is averaging 42 in ODIs. Thought it was way lower so yeah I was wrong on that. Pulled a notveryadorable asshole there

Bahseph

International Debutant
Glad there is no rain forecast. All I want to see is a tight game. Fair enough to lose if your opposition are better on the day but no c-word!!

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Prediction: Quinton to smash a 100 while quietly reminding Davey about his wife's all round sporting prowess in response to the inevitable barrage of "chokers" sledges. Davey to be a mad bull and get out swinging for 20 off 4 balls before distracting the Aus dressing room by trashing it up, and Aus falter and choke in their chase and are all out for 287. Because SA bowl wide outside off to 1 legged Maxwell with 9 fielders between cover and long stop.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No real care on who wins as I think whoever does gets smashed in final. Just hope it isn't a win the toss win the game match and we see a better closer game than today.

May the best side win.

TheJediBrah

There's no difference between second and third tbf.
Is there any relevance in positioning in regard to washouts? Like in local cricket you generally want to finish higher because you go through in the case of rain. I assume WC finals will have reserve days but what if like a whole week is rained out
Yeah there probably is some technical difference between second and third but it won't actually matter.
More likely to matter than boundary count was likely to matter last time tbf
Rain predicted . . . might end up mattering lol

Burgey

Prediction: Quinton to smash a 100 while quietly reminding Davey about his wife's all round sporting prowess in response to the inevitable barrage of "chokers" sledges. Davey to be a mad bull and get out swinging for 20 off 4 balls before distracting the Aus dressing room by trashing it up, and Aus falter and choke in their chase and are all out for 287. Because SA bowl wide outside off to 1 legged Maxwell with 9 fielders between cover and long stop.
Pretty **** prediction tbh

loterry1994

International Debutant
Australia might win here due to their experience most their players have played knock out games. But I like the look of South Africa’s team more especially their bowling attack

Burgey

Australia might win here due to their experience most their players have played knock out games. But I like the look of South Africa’s team more especially their bowling attack
Yeah the SA side seems a lot more dynamic than Australia's, especially the middle order & their quicks.

Heboric

International Debutant
Hmm I wonder if this weather is going to change the thinking at the toss. Will a team decide to bowl first ?