• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

Teja.

Global Moderator
I feel like Shami has had one of the goat WC performances so far but might be cheated out of POTS if we make the final if he doesn’t do something completely undeniable because of Kohli breaking SRT’s record and his resurgence having more emotive appeal.

Hope he somehow grabs it. He has put up video game numbers against several fairly strong ODI sides.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Yeah losing the toss and not batting first basically cost us any chance of winning.

It's not good for ODIs as a contest when it is so much harder to bat under lights than during the day.

This is why ODI World Cups in England are fairer contests as they don't play day night games, they are all day games.

This isn't a fair contest.
Of course you'll be laughed at. But that's a fair point why were none of the games in 2019 day/nighters and they've nearly all been here.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ball is nipping around a heap under lights while zero movement earlier obv, though I will say Bumrah and Shami are exceptional in how they're extracting the movement. Wrist position and control of the seam.

Henry would have been our best bet to extract something similar if presented with these conditions. Boult less able to move the new ball these days.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I feel like Shami has had one of the goat WC performances so far but might be cheated out of POTS if we make the final if he doesn’t do something completely undeniable because of Kohli breaking SRT’s record and his resurgence having more emotive appeal.

Hope he somehow grabs it. He has put up video game numbers against several fairly strong ODI sides.
Worth getting a ticket to the ground at the straightest view possible, just to watch him bowl. It's a sight.

King Kane

International Debutant
The ball is still moving around all over the place and this afternoon the ball was doing nothing.

It's a joke that a semi final is basically decided at the toss.

I can handle us losing if we got a fair contest but this isn't a fair contest, it seems like only Nasser has the balls to call this out,

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Lot depends on the final. Feel like as ridiculously good as he's been, it's mostly been under a particular set of circumstances under lights.

Not that it takes anything away though. Dudes averaging ****ing 8 in a world cup .😂. It'll be up there with 2015 Starc if he finishes strong.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Ball is nipping around a heap under lights while zero movement earlier obv, though I will say Bumrah and Shami are exceptional in how they're extracting the movement. Wrist position and control of the seam.

Henry would have been our best bet to extract something similar if presented with these conditions. Boult less able to move the new ball these days.
Correct. Southee would have found movement but less convinced his pace troubles top batters these days.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Every star has just shown up in sublime form for India this tournament. Don't think this XI could play any better than they are now, which is pretty much unbeatable.

Molehill

International Captain
The ball is still moving around all over the place and this afternoon the ball was doing nothing.

I can handle us losing if we got a fair contest but this isn't a fair contest, it seems like only Nasser has the balls to call this out,
Knew this would happen if India won the toss. I still think they might have won had NZ batted first, but it would've been significantly closer. The 4 previous games here told us exactly what would happen (until Maxwell did something freakish).

loterry1994

International Debutant
Lot depends on the final. Feel like as ridiculously good as he's been, it's mostly been under a particular set of circumstances under lights.

Not that it takes anything away though. Dudes averaging ****ing 8 in a world cup .😂. It'll be up there with 2015 Starc if he finishes strong.
he pretty much got robbed highest wicket taker cause of Thakur playing the early game. Shamis just a good bowler in every format

Punk01

School Boy/Girl Captain

I am just sad that we are 1 more wicket down than what would have been a good powerplay

Missing ravindra.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Kane williamson rotate the strike challenge.

Ball was always going to hoop around corners under lights, has happened fairly regularly at this ground throughout the WC.