• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
However if the pitch does pan out that way, there won't be the same movement under lights so batting 2nd won't be too difficult either, making toss almost irrelevant.

ICC would definitely want that instead of a pitch that favors winning the toss.

Last edited:

Silver Silva

International Debutant

Lol. Not surprised that India are so terrified of the might of NZ Cricket that they're stooping to influence what's supposed to be an independent pitch curation process. Mentally, it's game over. NZ will win by 500 runs.
Hmm interesting, and with NZ having 5 lefthanders in their top 8 this could mean the return of Ashwin

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India 03 wasn't batsman choking. It was bowlers that lost that final conceding over 350 runs! It was absolutely rubbish bowling, never stop the run flow.
India had lost that game even before they started chasing.
They choked hard. If you don't think you can chase a big total you shouldn't bother turning up. They choked.

C H O K E D
H
O
K
E
D

Threw up all over themselves. Especially Tendulkar.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They choked hard. If you don't think you can chase a big total you shouldn't bother turning up. They choked.

C H O K E D
H
O
K
E
D

Threw up all over themselves. Especially Tendulkar.
I believe at the time no one had chased 358. Ever. It was a different time. It's like how you were telling me about when you watched Viv hitting people for six over cover and how nobody was doing that, and how crazy it was back then. I think you do have to put that into context.

India did choke but it was the bowling.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They all choked. They choked in '03, choked in '19 and will choke tonight.

C H O K E R S
H
O
K
E
R
S

Not up to it.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Lol. Not surprised that India are so terrified of the might of NZ Cricket that they're stooping to influence what's supposed to be an independent pitch curation process. Mentally, it's game over. NZ will win by 500 runs.
If true, it would be cause for a major 'please explain' from the BCCI, for a start, given pitches for ICC events are made by ICC curators and under no circumstances should they even be speaking to these people, let alone trying to influence them. If this were true, it would be something that should be seriously investigated.

I'd actually back us more so on a slowish track. To me, the faster the track, the more hot to handle Bumrah, Shami and Shami are, and Jadeja/Kuldeep will be effective as they have been all tournament. A slower track brings Southee's cutters into play a bit more, Santner, even Phillips and Rachin become solid options. On quicker tracks, our 5th/6th option and even Ferguson/Southee are a chance of being cannon fodder.