• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
This is why you guys will never progress. You waste time worrying about proving others weak and zero efforts to make yourself better. This is precisely why, you guys couldn't win against any decent side.
Became no.1 by playing and beating minnows. Continued that in WC - 8 points by beating who? Couldn't even beat the team that got thrashed by everyone except Bangladesh and Netherlands
Which team he supports?

Moss

International Vice-Captain
No Indian batsman has scored a century in WC Knockouts against major Test playing nation . Tomorrow would be a good Day.
Interesting stat that, also read into it as further proof that bowlers and strong bowling units gain a lot more importance when it comes to knockouts. It’s quite uncanny how any weak spots in the batting tend to get exposed in KO games (thinking South Africa in the 2011 QF, NZ in the 2015 final, India in the 2019 semifinal).

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
I mean, no NZer has ever scored a 100 in a semi-final or final either. Chris Harris in 96 QF did and obvs Guptill in 2015 QF.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting stat that, also read into it as further proof that bowlers and strong bowling units gain a lot more importance when it comes to knockouts. It’s quite uncanny how any weak spots in the batting tend to get exposed in KO games (thinking South Africa in the 2011 QF, NZ in the 2015 final, India in the 2019 semifinal).
Pressure generally affects batting more.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
If 100 by batsman is equivalent to five fer then I don’t know how many bowlers picked up that in knock outs. I think 130+ should be somewhat equivalent to five fer

Molehill

International Captain
I think it's also due to the wickets becoming more tired by the Final. Feels like only 2003 was played on a real flat one, but it may have been made to look flatter than it really was by an all time great batting line up.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I know it's rough on Chapman but I also agree that Neesham might be a better option for this game, loves these crunch games and plus does give us an extra pace option even though he's liable to get whacked a bit.
Dont mind Neesham being selected (the guy must be itching to put the 2019 story right), but KW needs to be more prudent about using him at the bowling crease. Very short spells to change things up, and avoid bowling him at the death unless there’s no other choice.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chapman should play. Overall he's more likely than Neesham with the bat, and Neesham's bowling miraculously turns up once every 30 games these days.

If I was considering a replacement, I'd take the punt of Jamieson over Southee, even though I would have preferred both Milne and even Shipley over both.

Outside his first couple of overs I can see India quite effortlessly bonking Southee around at 10 an over. Not a fan of Jamieson's white ball bowling either, but at least there's the bounce factor for him. Either way losing Henry was obviously a big blow.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For finals add Aus 96, Pakistan 99 and India 03 to this list.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
For finals add Aus 96, Pakistan 99 and India 03 to this list.
India 03 wasn't batsman choking. It was bowlers that lost that final conceding over 350 runs! It was absolutely rubbish bowling, never stop the run flow.
India had lost that game even before they started chasing.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Think India lost a lot that 2019 semi due to dropping dhoni more down the order than they should have. He was the perfect guy for that situation to chew up balls take the pressure and then launch at the end with someone. But he pretty much only had Jadeja left to bat with but the scoring rate had got too high in the end.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Think India lost a lot that 2019 semi due to dropping dhoni more down the order than they should have. He was the perfect guy for that situation to chew up balls take the pressure and then launch at the end with someone. But he pretty much only had Jadeja left to bat with but the scoring rate had got too high in the end.
52 runs in 5 overs is pretty much doable. Dhoni of 2005-15 would have easily done it . Dhoni of 2015-19 was a very average batsman

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Once you are in a hole, lots can be said in the hindsight. The reality is NZ bowled really well and India played equally bad. No plans to counter the swing. There were some 5th stump line balls that was flirted with. By the time conditions eased and became favorable to bat, we had no batting left and were so far behind that any experienced team was never going to allow come back.