• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #2- South Africa vs Australia - November 16th - Eden Gardens, Kolkata (D/N)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good may be intervening by sending a cyclone to wash out both days. The it happens again in the final and Australia console themselves that they are still the only team to win the final since 2015.
Wont Australia be out if the game is rained off both days?

Gob

International Coach
Team that chases
I meant out of SA and Aus. Some teams benefit from a shorter game especially the weaker side but these two teams are par on strength

Obviously the chasing team benefits from D/L but would either team want to take a risk and batting second given their strength is not chasing undelights? Also shorter the game, greater the chances of Soinis playing over Marnus. It would be particularly intriguing if it remains bright and sunny to start with the possibility of late showers so they are making decisions based on the forecast

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I meant out of SA and Aus. Some teams benefit from a shorter game especially the weaker side but these two teams are par on strength

Obviously the chasing team benefits from D/L but would either team want to take a risk and batting second given their strength is not chasing undelights? Also shorter the game, greater the chances of Soinis playing over Marnus. It would be particularly intriguing if it remains bright and sunny to start with the possibility of late showers so they are making decisions based on the forecast
I mean general weather forecasts can be hit or miss here but I would go with the weathermen when it comes to cyclone predictions tbh.

Molehill

International Captain
Looks to me like their best chance of a complete game is by playing it in the day - but I doubt they'd do that now. I don't know if there's a reserve day, but it looks pointless anyway as forecast for Friday looks abysmal.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If there is rain then somehow SA will lose. You guys realise this right? Doesn't matter what the scenario is. That's the script 😅
Yep

Just like we know that the Kiwis will be eliminated by some obscure set of circumstances that nobody ever thought would eventuate

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
There is no rain forecast in Kolkata on Wednesday. Sucks that the match is scheduled on Thursday.

social

I have SA as favourites & won’t be overly disappointed if Australia lose as our quicks aren’t in the best of form plus I still don’t think that the selectors actually know our best XI

FBU

International Debutant
Looks to me like their best chance of a complete game is by playing it in the day - but I doubt they'd do that now. I don't know if there's a reserve day, but it looks pointless anyway as forecast for Friday looks abysmal.
There are reserve days for the semi-finals and final.

social

So what happens if it's South Africa vs New Zealand and there's both rain and an obscure set of circumstances? Would that result in the universe imploding?
Sa will attempt to choke the unchokeable in the face of some outrageous misfortune hitting the Kiwis

Probably end up a draw after all options expire

Heboric

International Debutant
This is considered top notch journalism for Australia. Look at the play on words for the word De Kock, Shakespeare would be envious, what a wordsmith. Would hate to read a tabloid newspaper from there, will probably lose some brain cells in the process.

Last edited:

loterry1994

International Debutant
This South Africa’s best chance to make a final in my opinion. I know Aus had that win streak but they still got weaknesses in the powerplay bowling and middle order if one the openers fall early. If South Africa wins the toss their a massive chance