• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #2- South Africa vs Australia - November 16th - Eden Gardens, Kolkata (D/N)

Molehill

International Captain
Trying to remember what happened in 2019.....got a feeling one of these teams choked pretty hard in a semi final!!

But if Rabada is now injured, that's not great for SA!!

Heboric

International Debutant
Trying to remember what happened in 2019.....got a feeling one of these teams choked pretty hard in a semi final!!

But if Rabada is now injured, that's not great for SA!!
Proteas were terrible then didnt make it to the semis at all again the cliched narrative.

I swear if one had to ban the word "choke" as in you would go to jail if one used it, 95% of posters and media wouldnt know what to say or write

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Proteas were terrible then didnt make it to the semis at all again the cliched narrative.

I swear if one had to ban the word "choke" as in you would go to jail if one used it, 95% of posters and media wouldnt know what to say or write
He was referring to Australia. Although, again, they didn't choke. They were just outplayed from ball one.

Molehill

International Captain
He was referring to Australia. Although, again, they didn't choke. They were just outplayed from ball one.
That was kind of my point. Chokes only really happen from winning positions and if we're looking for which team might be susceptible to that, well one has already failed to hold on to a 2-0 lead twice this year.

I wouldn't trust an Aussie to walk my dog!!

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Looking at today's game at Kolkata, SA can virtually lose the game at the toss.
They lose the toss and opportunity to bat first, it's game over for them.
Even for good chasing teams Kolkata is difficult to chase, SA sucks at chasing they stand no chance even if Aus scores 250..

Gob

International Coach
If its a washout, South Africa goes through

And rain is predicted over those two days

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I think for some reason they like Stoinis for not just the incorrect perception he’s decent down the order but also because of the seemingly incorrect perception he’ll give you a few overs as insurance if someone is getting bashed or gets injured. Seems excessive given MMarsh is there as cover along with Head as sixth and seventh bowling options

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The impression I get is Marnus is likely to get booted rather than Stoinis

Which would be a big mistake