• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2023/24

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
See, this is what I mean. NZ have the best top 6 in the world. Only player under any question was Nicholls and he got a double ton last dig and is in good PS form. Either rachin replaces bracewell or he can cover an injury.

Flem274*

123/5
See, this is what I mean. NZ have the best top 6 in the world. Only player under any question was Nicholls and he got a double ton last dig and is in good PS form. Either rachin replaces bracewell or he can cover an injury.
I thought you were joking but I checked and yeah this happened.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So are we going to be ruthless and drop Latham from the opener spot for Rachin? I think Rachin has to play, though it's hard to know where he should fit in. Have to take advantage of his blossoming, though also wary that he's still suspect to lateral movement on seamy pitches, which is relevant for the home summer.

I still quite like the idea, in isolation, of him as an aggressive number 3, though that doesn't fit while Williamson there.
Play him at 3 and worry about Kane once he is fit and back in the side.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought you were joking but I checked and yeah this happened.
Yeah I was spamming for nicholls to get dropped last summer for either bruce, phillips or chapman when he looked shaky, not sure you can really drop him after that double vs SL and the two 100's to start the PS season, even if I don't rate him personally.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Conway
Ravindra
Williamson
Young
Mitchell
Phillips
Blundell+
Sodhi
Jamieson
Southee
Patel

4 spinners might be overkill tho

Flem274*

123/5
Nicholls is clearly best in class of the Shield so far, has a great home record even against good attacks and is coming off a double so I think it sends a poor message to drop him imo. I don't really care if he ball tampered. I hope he did, we need to get the ball reversing this summer.

I think with my ideal team structure in the absence of CdG, sharing the 5th bowler job is important and if you look at the great allrounders of history with proper bowling loads they never really batted above #4. For Bangladesh specifically I think we should field:

Latham
Conway
Williamson (c)
Ravindra
Nicholls
Mitchell
Blundell (wk)
Jamieson
Sodhi/Ajaz/Santner
Sodhi/Ajaz/Santner
Southee

I would like to see the spinners bowl in a tour game first. I don't expect Henry to be fully fit for a subcontinent bowling demand.

Naturally the dream is Ravindra can both open to a world class standard and bowl well and stay fit but we'll see.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I’d pick for the first test-

1. Joy
2. Zakir
3. Shanto
4. Mushfiq
5. Towhid Hridoy
6. Liton
7. Miraz
8. Taijul
9. Tanzim Shakib
10. Shoriful
11. Hasan Mahmud

Howsie

International Captain
lol Wagner called into the squad to replace Matt Henry

I wouldn’t even pick him in a full strength ND team, so much for this new selector having any balls.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If he's fit that means ND dropped him.
He's playing this week, so potentially he was injured in previous rounds...or yeah, they could have dropped him. You'd think he'd still be in the XII, though, so I doubt he was dropped.

Look, on the bright side Kuggeleijn was/is fit and they didn't pick him after taking 20 wickets at 15s in the PS. So we should be happy about Wags' inclusion, because he's next cab off the rank.