• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
As most Kiwi's will probably be reading this thread, would just like to say I had the pleasure of catching up last night with avid Blackcap's fan @Moss
What an absolute top notch dude he is, and hopefully it's the start of a lifelong friendship.
Unfortunately he's snowed under with work at the moment and wasn't able to join me at the game today, which I know really hurt him, but I was able
to buy his ticket from him so guess it kind of worked out well for both of us. Will be catching up again with him soon.

Owzat

U19 Captain
Pakistan still have a good chance given that they are playing England.
England will be playing for $500k, the reward for remaining in the top 8 places

just imagine had England taken better bowlers for the conditions, played better, not underestimated Afghans and perhaps played better against Sri Lanka this could have been a play-off to push kiwis for 4th

They didn't so is speculation, but not exactly needing superhuman effort to beat said two sides from a reigning if not for much longer World Champion (well technically already dethroned but until a new king is seated then still reigning World Champions

Owzat

U19 Captain
NZ hitting form 😄
You have lost to every side in top 5 in this WC .
they are on a winning run, 1 in a row..... having lost FOUR in a row Pakistan, South Africa, Australia, India, although the Pakistan defeat was ropier than many kiwis claim their 2019 final loss was

I mean a target under half the runs kiwis got in about half the overs, given they lose many more overs they would have had to pelt along at as they did powerplay overs yet retaining 10 wickets to do it with it was a farce - worthless duck at its worst

they did amazing to get where they did, but still in a complete game had another 200 runs to go at around 8 rpo, I don't place any value on winwaz or whatever that prediction thing is, but still wouldn't have said Pakistan were comfortable favourites, favourites just about maybe 60-40 but really that target took the biscuits - all the biscuits in the world

Athlai

Not Terrible
they are on a winning run, 1 in a row..... having lost FOUR in a row Pakistan, South Africa, Australia, India, although the Pakistan defeat was ropier than many kiwis claim their 2019 final loss was

I mean a target under half the runs kiwis got in about half the overs, given they lose many more overs they would have had to pelt along at as they did powerplay overs yet retaining 10 wickets to do it with it was a farce - worthless duck at its worst

they did amazing to get where they did, but still in a complete game had another 200 runs to go at around 8 rpo, I don't place any value on winwaz or whatever that prediction thing is, but still wouldn't have said Pakistan were comfortable favourites, favourites just about maybe 60-40 but really that target took the biscuits - all the biscuits in the world
We didn't lose the final in 2019, we lost the World Cup but the match itself was a tie.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Does it count that NZ have 5 days to prepare while India travel on the 13th and will only have 1 day of final preparation?
No it doesn't count. Because India will prepare on Sunday - match practice against Netherlands much better than net practice which is the only thing NZ can do...
As far as location, it's home conditions for everyone and for some it's their backyard, no need to go early to get used to the conditions.

Flem274*

123/5
I expect us to get thumped given how **** we've been at odis for a bit but it would be incredibly funny if we win.

This team, that would be smoked by the 2015 and 2019 sides imo because they can't bowl, trolling a world cup final victory would be peak NZ.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I expect us to get thumped given how **** we've been at odis for a bit but it would be incredibly funny if we win.

This team, that would be smoked by the 2015 and 2019 sides imo because they can't bowl, trolling a world cup final victory would be peak NZ.
TBF I think if we were given the conditions of 2015/2019 and the early swing those matches had, it'd be an entirely different world cup.

I don't think this team is particularly worse than 2015/2019.

Rachin and Conway are upgrades. Mitchell has been as good as Taylor was. Santner is a better player. Williamson is at least as good as he was.

Our attack in 2015/2019 would get belted in these conditions

thierry henry

International Coach
The team is as good as ever on paper (we sort of fluked our way into an improved batting line-up) but the seam bowling has been significantly worse simply because the same group of guys haven't bowled as well (and then Henry got injured). Could be because they're all old, could be they're out of form. Either way, I don't agree with just shoulder shrugging getting absolutely pumped and saying "well, the pitch was flat". Gud bowlers can still bowl gud.

The optimist in me (not sure how he got in there) says it's still entirely conceivable that Boult, Southee/Jamieson, Ferguson and Santner can pull finger and git gud for 2 games.

Flem274*

123/5
TBF I think if we were given the conditions of 2015/2019 and the early swing those matches had, it'd be an entirely different world cup.

I don't think this team is particularly worse than 2015/2019.

Rachin and Conway are upgrades. Mitchell has been as good as Taylor was. Santner is a better player. Williamson is at least as good as he was.

Our attack in 2015/2019 would get belted in these conditions
The declines of Boult and Ferguson are notable. Southee is also a starter post-Henry injury.

The top order is better without Guptill and Munro nicking off like 2019 but I don't trust our bowlers at all.

Despite his improvements, you can't really show up at a world cup and have Mitchell Santner as your main strike weapon.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Whats the expected conditions going to be like in Mumbai? It's looked like from this World Cup that the second innings generally sees a cluster of early wickets