• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Points Table/Standings

Molehill

International Captain
It now makes SL v Bang a huge game for Champions Trophy qualification. SL had been miles ahead on NRR and looking safe, not anymore.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
India can even afford to lose to SA next and can make up the NRR in the last group game vs Netherlands to finish 1st in the table.

In fact, (although India won't do this and shouldn't) but it might be a good underhand strategy to lose to SA and then decide in the final group game of the WC vs Netherlands where you want to finish in the table!

India can choose to finish 1st by winning handsomely or choose to finish 2nd by winning less handsomely. This way India can literally pick their opponent for the semi final. Ofcourse India won't do this. But just hypothetically speaking.
Would be an extremely beta thing to do.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Would be an extremely beta thing to do.
Yeah.

India might lose to SA anyway though.

Tbh I'd rest key bowlers for the SA game. Wouldn't want to exert them or give match practice to South Africa. At the same time they can test out the remaining players in the squad and keep them up to speed and see if someone like Ashwin is a better option for the knockout games over Thakur.

Rohit
Gill
Kohli
Iyer
Kishan/Rahul (wk)
Sky
Jadeja
Ashwin
Thakur
Shami
Siraj

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain
India have an opportunity to go through this comp unbeaten. So far they've not really been tested. I think they'll want to keep winning and should get an easier semi draw by doing so too.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
NL's net run rate catching up with Sri Lanka, good times

Seriously though the format has been a disaster, too few teams and too few good teams

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India have an opportunity to go through this comp unbeaten. So far they've not really been tested. I think they'll want to keep winning and should get an easier semi draw by doing so too.
I don't think there'll be much of a quality gap between whoever finishes 2, 3 and 4 anyway

Molehill

International Captain
I don't think there'll be much of a quality gap between whoever finishes 2, 3 and 4 anyway
I suspect the one team they'd want to avoid is SA who look very strong if they bat first. The Aussies might be struggling to put 11 out on the park by then.

Gob

International Coach
India's bowling looks too good to be taken apart tbh. Kewldeep in particular is such an asset

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
An Afghanistan win in good time is needed here for a CT qualification boost for England

Sentences you never expected to be writing...