• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #32 - New Zealand vs South Africa - November 1st - Pune (D/N)

King Kane

International Debutant
Smithy talking some sense for once about the stupid decision to bowl first and bat under lights, we've just handed the advantage to South Africa here.

It's not over yet but I don't fancy our chances, I would much rather be bowling under lights with a score of 350 odd on the board like South Africa are.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Smithy talking some sense for once about the stupid decision to bowl first and bat under lights, we've just handed the advantage to South Africa here.

It's not over yet but I don't fancy our chances, I would much rather be bowling under lights with a score of 350 odd on the board like South Africa are.
Not to mention you asked the team to bat first that prefers to bat first and struggles while chasing. How stupid can NZ be?

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

Every cricketing fan knew that you have to bat 1st vs SA and make them chase. Only the NZ management had other ideas. Did they not do any homework on SA. More than a blunder tbh!

King Kane

International Debutant
Not to mention you asked the team to bat first that prefers to bat first and struggles while chasing. How stupid can NZ be?
Especially when England got smashed by them by choosing to bowl first, "Hey why don't we copy the tactics of the worst team in the tournament".

What a great idea.

Owzat

U19 Captain
could well be the twenty third game out of 32 where the side that won the toss loses......... last two sides to win having won the toss were Afghans against a poor lanka, Holland against an ordinary deshi side

involving two good sides, or on paper in the first instance, kiwis beat England after choosing to bowl, India did likewise over Pakistan and kiwis so any belief winning the toss makes for a done deal ie will win is ignoring facts

batting 1st vs 2nd, fairly even split thus far, plenty of sides have made runs and defended their total, as may happen here.