• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #32 - New Zealand vs South Africa - November 1st - Pune (D/N)

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
dangerous Bavuma/ pedestrian De Kock - not what I expected so far
One of the things that has been noticeable about Bavuma's ODI runs recently is his aggressive intent, getting him out sometimes, but also getting him decent runs at a clip. Why I think he has been successful the last 18 months or so. Also gives QDK a chance to settle and takes away the pressure I think he feels to always be aggressive early on.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Decent start from Boult and Henry though there looks like very little margin for error out there. Been picked off every time they’ve been slightly off line/length.

thierry henry

International Coach
This has veered into being a pretty sloppy spell by Henry’s standards. He’s liable to get hit from his normal length but this has mostly just been him missing.

King Kane

International Debutant
Decent start from Boult and Henry though there looks like very little margin for error out there. Been picked off every time they’ve been slightly off line/length.
Decent start from Boult, Henry not so much.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
One of the things that has been noticeable about Bavuma's ODI runs recently is his aggressive intent, getting him out sometimes, but also getting him decent runs at a clip. Why I think he has been successful the last 18 months or so. Also gives QDK a chance to settle and takes away the pressure I think he feels to always be aggressive early on.
Yes the commentators (unsure if you have the same ones or not) were just saying it's a deliberate plan from South Africa now. Seems to be working so far. Obviously de Kock can lift his scoring rate enormously later.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
This has veered into being a pretty sloppy spell by Henry’s standards. He’s liable to get hit from his normal length but this has mostly just been him missing.
Rohit’s calculated attack in the Dharamsala match has possibly put him off his game. Not looked quite the same bowler since. Bring in Southee now and give Henry a chance to make amends when a new batsman comes in.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The 10 overs from Ravindra, Phillips (as glorious as he's been so far this WC), Neesham and/or Mitchell are deeply concerning.
The most concerning part of that is if Latham erroneously gives Neesham overs that would be better bowled by someone else...

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes the commentators (unsure if you have the same ones or not) were just saying it's a deliberate plan from South Africa now. Seems to be working so far. Obviously de Kock can lift his scoring rate enormously later.
Unfortunately work does not allow me to watch my cricket in the lab...