• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England thread

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Personally I don't see the relevance of the IPL to our current ODI demise.

As far as I'm aware, there's no correlation between IPL and ODI success.

kevinw

International 12th Man
1 Salt
2 Jacks (c)
3 Duckett
4 Hain
5 Kohler-Cadmore
6 Smith
7 Ahmed
8 Carse
9 Mahmood
10 Archer
11 Topley
Jacks has a very very mediocre List A record. This would be a 'gut' pick. TKC should never be anywhere near an England squad ever. Rehan is a place too high. Archer will possibly never play for England again. John Turner will be in the white ball teams in future. But I approve of the largely clean-sweep approach.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Banton was once the next cab off the rank in terms of top order batsman but seems to have lost his way recently

FBU

International Debutant
Jacks has a very very mediocre List A record. This would be a 'gut' pick. TKC should never be anywhere near an England squad ever. Rehan is a place too high. Archer will possibly never play for England again. John Turner will be in the white ball teams in future. But I approve of the largely clean-sweep approach.
Drop Kohler-Cadmore then and add Brook, who I had forgotten about.
Both Jacks and Salt have played very little 50 overs cricket but I like what I see.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Course it's easy with 20/20 hindsight but Duckett seems to have all the skills to be a top ODI bat, plus he's more than handy in the field If my memory serves.

TheJediBrah

Course it's easy with 20/20 hindsight but Duckett seems to have all the skills to be a top ODI bat, plus he's more than handy in the field If my memory serves.
If they had picked Duckett instead of, say Livingstone or Brook, he would have probably failed too and then every England supporter would be saying "They should have picked Brook/Livingstone they would have done better than Duckett"

Zinzan

If they had picked Duckett instead of, say Livingstone or Brook, he would have probably failed too and then every England supporter would be saying "They should have picked Brook/Livingstone they would have done better than Duckett"
Yeah hence why I said with 20/20 hindsight

Flem274*

123/5
I'm all for cutting crap coaches but it looks like England rocked up with a former World Cup finalist team and proceeded to lose every game to date.

That's a tad more than the coach, and people have been paid less to perform under a bad boss.

They could try playing to a semblance of their ability.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm all for cutting crap coaches but it looks like England rocked up with a former World Cup winning team and proceeded to lose every game bar one to date.

That's a tad more than the coach, and people have been paid less to perform under a bad boss.

They could try playing to a semblance of their ability.
Made two corrections for you there champ

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Mott may well have lost the dressing room, either before the WC or as the tournament has progressed.

But it's not just Mott and/or Buttler that this is down to.

The players have simply not performed to anywhere near their level and they have to be accountable for that.

The ECB also have to look at themselves - this has been a systematic failure - this shouldn't be laid just at the coaches and/or captains door.

Flem274*

123/5
Made two corrections for you there champ
A classically English sport response to my good manners. I should correct myself - England have lost all games bar one and they have brought a team that was gifted a trophy by Dharmasena's error and some very fortunate officiating for 102 overs.

Ireland's greatest player is correct there must be something up.