• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Points Table/Standings

Flem274*

123/5
So…seriously should India throw the game against SL so either Aus or NZ doesn’t get in? I know it sends the wrong signal that india are afraid of blah blah….but I’m afraid of Australia or NZ in the SF/Final.
I'm afraid of your lot tbf

You're only allowed to fix if you do it blatantly for maximum lols. No actual trying, just block it for 50 overs.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
So…seriously should India throw the game against SL so either Aus or NZ doesn’t get in? I know it sends the wrong signal that india are afraid of blah blah….but I’m afraid of Australia or NZ in the SF/Final.
India aren't scared of us, nor anyone in this tournament. In fact if anyone, they should be afraid of SA and their fire power.

Bolo.

International Captain
I think India wants to avoid RSA the most. Too much of a wildcard. For everyone else, any team not named India would be fine, but playing RSA would be pretty spiffy.

The crappiness of throwing games aside, I don't think any team can guarantee who they end up playing by dropping games this early.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
FMD.......these teams are here to win a world cup ffs. To do that and claim to be champions you've got to beat the best of the rest. All this talk of being afraid and looking for the easy route just means youve got no confidence in your side and you cant then take the bragging rights if you win. Shameful.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I think India wants to avoid RSA the most. Too much of a wildcard. For everyone else, any team not named India would be fine, but playing RSA would be pretty spiffy.

The crappiness of throwing games aside, I don't think any team can guarantee who they end up playing by dropping games this early.
I don't think India need to worry about who they play in the semi finals.

Yes, the other 3 teams are good sides but India have been exceptional so far. They have all the bases covered - their batting is in good order, they've got top class spin and seam options and have been good in the field.

On top of all that, they're at home.

I thought before the WC started if India handled the pressure of being at home, they'd win the tournament and so far they've handled the pressure perfectly well.

Athlai

Not Terrible
India have holes in them. They're the best team at the moment but they're beatable.

Ridiculously weak tail. Dont particularly rate Sky, so their top order has to do 95% of the job.

Bumrah is on fire but the rest of the bowling is potentially exploitable on any given day

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
India have holes in them. They're the best team at the moment but they're beatable.

Ridiculously weak tail. Dont particularly rate Sky, so their top order has to do 95% of the job.

Bumrah is on fire but the rest of the bowling is potentially exploitable on any given day

Pandya
Jadeja
Ashwin
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah

Very exploitable bowling

Last edited:

Bolo.

International Captain
I don't think India need to worry about who they play in the semi finals.

Yes, the other 3 teams are good sides but India have been exceptional so far. They have all the bases covered - their batting is in good order, they've got top class spin and seam options and have been good in the field.

On top of all that, they're at home.

I thought before the WC started if India handled the pressure of being at home, they'd win the tournament and so far they've handled the pressure perfectly well.
Not worry, exactly. They are clear favourites against anyone. But how strong they are means they would rather be up against a team that is predictably good than one that can be excellent or rubbish.

Victor Ian

International Coach
It's also wrong. Aus can not score against spin and bumrah and Shami are kicking ass compared to our pace. India's easiest path to the final is Australia. We are not scoring much against quality

Shady Slim

International Coach
Pandya
Jadeja
Ashwin
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah

Very exploitable bowling lol.
yeah kuldeep and pandya are very exploitable and all it takes is a bad day from one of the other guys and you're on
"exploitable" isn't to say "bad", but it's just fact of the matter that the path of least resistance to beating india given their inability to roll with seven bowling options is to force a bad day out of some of their more vulnerable options, and then as athers said, they've got a very dangerous top order but england of all teams, england, showed even they can be breached! with aus on the trot, nz hitting their straps with the cavalry still to arrive, and india and the saffers in imperious form it's all up for grabs really - any of these teams are capable of knocking each other off

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah kuldeep and pandya are very exploitable and all it takes is a bad day from one of the other guys and you're on
"exploitable" isn't to say "bad", but it's just fact of the matter that the path of least resistance to beating india given their inability to roll with seven bowling options is to force a bad day out of some of their more vulnerable options, and then as athers said, they've got a very dangerous top order but england of all teams, england, showed even they can be breached! with aus on the trot, nz hitting their straps with the cavalry still to arrive, and india and the saffers in imperious form it's all up for grabs really - any of these teams are capable of knocking each other off
Any team can win the KO games.

And I doubt India gonna produce roads for the KOs

Ind v Aus wasn't a road (Aus 199)
Ind v NZ wasn't a road (NZ 272)
Ind v Eng wasn't a road (Eng 129)

there's a clear trend. And if pitch has assistance then bowling should be least of the worries imo! It will be the batting just like in 2019. It's the batting that has holes.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah thats what I said. I'm not sure if you think this is a flex but it isn't :lol:
Batting has holes not bowling, especially on non-roads that we will continue to see.

If thakur plays then yes bowling is exploitable but without thakur (and siraj) and with 3 spinners, bowling will win india the match.