• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England thread

Groundking

International Debutant
Can we try changing the whole team for the next match? No point playing wasters like Woakes, Moeen or Stokes when they won't be around for he next wc.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If this was Pakistan there’d be the usual calls for an inquiry. Just an incredible fall from grace.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
If this was Pakistan there’d be the usual calls for an inquiry. Just an incredible fall from grace.
There's clearly something badly wong behind the scenes as this is too bad to be true.

This is more than players being over the hill or out of form. Eoin Morgan has alluded to this.

I've no idea what's gone wrong but this has all the hallmarks of some of our other cricketing debacles, usually when our Ashes tours fall apart by the end of the 2nd test.

I'm sure in years to come when players release their autobiographies, there will be a chapter devoted to this WC and player unrest will come to the fore.

Whether that's with the management, with Buttler, with Stokes, the ECB - who knows - but it'll be there.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
I'll bet some of the unrest involves those central contracts. Strange how they were announced in the middle of the tournament.

Willey is the only player in the dressing room without one at all. He must feel ****.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I'll bet some of the unrest involves those central contracts. Strange how they were announced in the middle of the tournament.

Willey is the only player in the dressing room without one at all. He must feel ****.
The timing was certainly very strange. I'm sure the players knew before the contracts were announced but it must be tough for Willey.

kevinw

International 12th Man
The timing was certainly very strange. I'm sure the players knew before the contracts were announced but it must be tough for Willey.
Willey has been treated poorly by England over the years. His record in ODI/T20 is better than you'd think, and better than players who've had more chances.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can they not just all go home already? This format is so bad. No team should still be playing matches in a World Cup after this many defeats.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Mott's also been getting upset by Morgan insinuating there are dressing room issues. Maybe he's the issue.
It wouldn't surprise me if he was. I saw at Durham how they went downhill under James Franklin. Stories were leaking from the dressing room where (or more precisely who) the problem was.

He eventually left and the very next season (the one just gone) Durham won the Division 2 title at a canter.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm sure the dressing room was 100% united when they punished Alex Hales beyond his actual required punishment as per ECB rules. I'm sure no-one was like "hey that's a bit unfair you know? he had a 40 day ban per the rules and now you're exiled him. and it's our captain who has done this?"

it's so easy to be bad results = bad dressing room. and hey, maybe bairstow can't score runs coz he's still shook about alex carey and maybe jos can't score runs coz he's upset coz ben stokes waltzed back into the team and maybe ben stokes can't score runs coz he's upset he's not captain and maybe joe root is too focused on the questions he needs to answer to score runs

or maybe they're just getting out.