• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #27- Australia vs New Zealand - October 28th-Dharamsala (D)

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
OK we lost an important game but really in the big picture I reckon the day was a huge success.
GP has proven that he has some serious talent with the ball, that spell was definitely no fluke.
Rachin for mine has now completely confirmed that he is the next big thing.
With Kane to still come back, I'm honestly thinking at this time that our chances to pull off something special has never looked so good.
I don't disagree with some of this...yeah, GP has shown he's more than capable of being a 5th/6th bowling option for us, which is great. He might even become someone we could consider to replace Macewell in the Test side. As it stands, we might have him and Ravindra in that side now, which is great for now and the future.

And yeah Rachin, what a superstar. And what a vindication for CW NZers who have been beating the drum for him to bat up the order for ages, although I'm sure none of us thought it would end up this glorious.

But....we shouldn't forget we just got flogged for 390. India, SA and Australia have that top order fire power. They have the death fire power, and we were butchered in both. And our fielding was ****e, too. I'd expect the latter to be remedied, but Wednesday night is another huge test of how we go against a side who will come hard at us. We better improve quickly.

And yeah as Burgey said, if we run into Australia in a semi....that's still got meltdown written all over it

Shady Slim

International Coach
How can one human being be so spectacularly devoid of any remote semblance of self awareness
my brother in christ nice ripping a section of my post entirely out of context to try and dig your way out of a hole

Wait Shady has shown up

Was strangely quiet earlier. I wonder why...
because i was playing cricket
Would have loved to seen the look on your face when you finally did see the scorecard then
I don't know, maybe because you have spent years obsessively crying that Head is apparently ****house and that literally anyone on the face of the planet could do a better job

To borrow your own preferred parlance, you really have taken a massive L on this one
i think you may have Shady Derangement Syndrome as i have never really objected to head's inclusion in the lo setup - in fact my last two posts that reference him say i think he should have the limited overs captaincy. he's belted the sixers around more than enough for me to think he's probably even arguably the best limited overs batsman in the country (albeit warner is doing his best to have a last hurrah at the title)

i think that he's a hackfraud at test level, which is a different format...
it has to be abundantly clear that i said the thing you're making such a big deal about in the context of clarifying what my opinion of trav head actually is in circumstances where you tried to clown me by portraying my opinion of him as something it decidedly wasn't

Shady Slim

International Coach
Sodhi doesn’t let one roll through his legs for four and we probably win.
i know this looked really bad but there was plenty of other questionable stuff in that mini meltdown
henry setting a field for back of a length to short bowling and serving a juicy half volley up for inglis a couple balls prior for example is another; felt as if their heads weren't in the game writlarge, and there were many such examples

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
i simply do not have the maturity or the temperament to let someone say things about me and not respond, regrettably! 😅 😅
he is entirely right btw
You say this and yet you have dragged GotSpin into threads he didn't post in at all on numerous occasions. I honestly am far closer to you than I am to him politically on at least 95% of issues, but that is besides the point, you shouldn't get all pissy and play the victim about being called out on dodgy opinions you hold when you do EXACTLY the same thing to others

Glass house, meet 60,000 ton meteorite