• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #27- Australia vs New Zealand - October 28th-Dharamsala (D)

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still haven’t found a replacement for World Cup hero and ping ping champion James Faulkner. He was all rounder of the tournament in 2015
he scored 44 runs. maxwell was better.

i've talked about this before but the irony of Faulkner is that he was basically being picked on performances as a batting all-rounder despite actually playing as a bowling all-rounder that we didn't need, keeping a better bowler out of the team (Cummins), but it worked out ok because he fluked his best bowling performances for the WC anyway. his bowling performances after the 2015 WC were the same as his bowling performances before the 2015 WC (actually a little bit better) but because the fluky batting stuff stopped happening, we dropped him. the 2019 and 2023 teams are crying out for an actual bowling all-rounder but it all fell to pieces for Faulkner and we haven't found anyone else

faulkner bowling record in od cricket year-by-year: http://howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerYears_ODI.asp?PlayerID=3930#bowl

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
i know there's much to be said about mentalmidgetry and nz vs australia matches and you can really analyse the nz batting innings for it towards the end, but were i a kiwu fan i'd be absolutely much more disappointed with the last ten overs of the bowling innings. obviously if's and but's, and maybe if it's a slightly smaller total they aren't galvanised and fall for a more routine 275ao, but if the bowling had even kept us to like 350-360...
That's what I mean by all the dropping tbh. If nz hold their catches, Aus have it a bit tougher.

James

Cricket Web Owner
That's what I mean by all the dropping tbh. If nz hold their catches, Aus have it a bit tougher.
Agree, for me, the difference was the fielding as well. Australia took their catches, New Zealand didn't. That Starc catch especially was top notch.

Edit - Ignoring Maxwell's miss but that didn't cost many.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I don't know, maybe because you have spent years obsessively crying that Head is apparently ****house and that literally anyone on the face of the planet could do a better job

To borrow your own preferred parlance, you really have taken a massive L on this one
i think you may have Shady Derangement Syndrome as i have never really objected to head's inclusion in the lo setup - in fact my last two posts that reference him say i think he should have the limited overs captaincy. he's belted the sixers around more than enough for me to think he's probably even arguably the best limited overs batsman in the country (albeit warner is doing his best to have a last hurrah at the title)

i think that he's a hackfraud at test level, which is a different format...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Head's innings did seem a bit more chancey than Warner. Still a gun knock but Warner looked unbeatable until he fell, while Head edged a couple like a mere mortal.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Another fly in the selectorial ointment with Neesham's knock, it was great to see him hit in areas we haven't seen a lot of previously (ie over cover for six off Starc...or was it Cummins) That was impressive.

It should be pointed out that he's done nothing of the sort between World Cups, and clearly his no ****s given applies to most matches in an NZ shirt between cycles. Which is an indictment on him, really. It is impressive he turns up in big matches but he could've been so much more in this country's history if he gave more ****s.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
i think that he's a hackfraud at test level, which is a different format...
The fact that you are still relentlessly trying to insist this despite overwhelmingly vast evidence to the contrary clearly shows the one with derangement issues is 100% yourself.

Absolute delusion, and you are only embarrassing yourself by continuing to double down on it

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The fact that you are still relentlessly trying to insist this despite overwhelmingly vast evidence to the contrary clearly shows the one with derangement issues is 100% yourself.

Absolute delusion, and you are only embarrassing yourself by continuing to double down on it
Tell him how you really feel.

Shady Slim

International Coach

"relentlessly trying to insist it" is a very weird way of saying "raised it to correct you after you started boxing with ghosts about my opinions on his odi talent"