• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #27- Australia vs New Zealand - October 28th-Dharamsala (D)

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
OK we lost an important game but really in the big picture I reckon the day was a huge success.
GP has proven that he has some serious talent with the ball, that spell was definitely no fluke.
Rachin for mine has now completely confirmed that he is the next big thing.
With Kane to still come back, I'm honestly thinking at this time that our chances to pull off something special has never looked so good.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
"relentlessly trying to insist it" is a very weird way of saying "raised it to correct you after you started boxing with ghosts about my opinions on his odi talent"
Your opinion on his test career is 100% emotion and not at all based on any sort of objective assessment of anything that has actually happened at all out on a cricket field

To try and have it both ways and pretend to assess him rationally in ODI cricket while point blank refusing to ever do so in Tests is utterly disingenuous

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
OK we lost an important game but really in the big picture I reckon the day was a huge success.
GP has proven that he has some serious talent with the ball, that spell was definitely no fluke.
With Kane to still come back, I'm honestly thinking at this time that our chances to pull off something special* has never looked so good.
*lose to Australia by 150 in the semi final

Shady Slim

International Coach
Your opinion on his test career is 100% emotion and not at all based on any sort of objective assessment of anything that has actually happened at all out on a cricket field

To try and have it both ways and pretend to assess him rationally in ODI cricket while point blank refusing to ever do so in Tests is utterly disingenuous
i'd like you to explain why i would be "emotion[al]" in how i form my view of the performance of some guy i've never met nor have any personal connection to or opinion on as a person, as well as why you think i'm "pretend[ing]" in how i assess him in odi cricket

especially curious is that i'm apparently so blinded by my hatred of him yet i was one of the first if not the first on here to advocate for putting him to open during the india tour because i thought he could really do a job there. i think with the greatest of respect that trying to fire off a unprovoked potshot at the slimster, realising you had no base to, and now having this big sook about how i view him at test level suggests you might well be somewhat emotional as to how you're assessing the state of play here

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
With Kane to still come back, I'm honestly thinking at this time that our chances to pull off something special has never looked so good.
This is all well and good - we are definitely near enough to the other top sides, and we are still learning and drawing conclusions about how our team should fit together as we go... But we do need to, you know, actually win sometimes. I'm pretty desperate to beat South Africa next, to confirm our place in the semis and go into them having beaten one of the other semi finalists.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
especially curious is that i'm apparently so blinded by my hatred of him yet i was one of the first if not the first on here to advocate for putting him to open during the india tour because i thought he could really do a job there. i think with the greatest of respect that trying to fire off a unprovoked potshot at the slimster, realising you had no base to, and now having this big sook about how i view him at test level suggests you might well be somewhat emotional as to how you're assessing the state of play here
You were doing so well until that happened.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year

Shady Slim

International Coach
And you have the bare faced nerve to accuse others of being emotional
the first of those is a post from september 2021 when he was averaging less than 30 in many other countries, and that's what i was referring to in the post. the second and third were in early 2022 and it is clearly just online gloating in the same nature as you tried to do in this thread. cmon man 😂 😂

You were doing so well until that happened.
its a well known fact that i can't write a more than two sentence post without something cringe finding its way in tbf

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
the first of those is a post from september 2021 when he was averaging less than 30 in many other countries, and that's what i was referring to in the post. the second and third were in early 2022 and it is clearly just online gloating in the same nature as you tried to do in this thread. cmon man 😂
You can't honestly try and claim "ahh that's old, doesn't count" when you literally were still calling him a hackfraud earlier today. That is blatant hypocricy, and you know it

Shady Slim

International Coach
You can't honestly try and claim "ahh that's old, doesn't count" when you literally were still calling him a hackfraud earlier today. That is blatant hypocricy, and you know it
wtf 😂 😂
i said that he's a hackfraud in tests in response to you misrepresenting my opinion of him, to correct you on that, you're saying it like i came in here dick swinging to have a random biffo about him while i punch a hole in the drywall or something i feel like i'm taking crazy pills

Shady Slim

International Coach
you literally took an unprovoked swing at me and then are having a waaaaah because i've stated what my position is, in response to your having erroneously stated it i really don't know what different you could expect from me here like

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
wtf 😂 😂
i said that he's a hackfraud in tests in response to you misrepresenting my opinion of him, to correct you on that, you're saying it like i came in here dick swinging to have a random biffo about him while i punch a hole in the drywall or something i feel like i'm taking crazy pills
You probably are taking something pretty strong to even hold that utterly absurd opinion in the first place. Head has proven unequivocally over the last three years or so that he is a very good Test player indeed, for you to stick your fingers in your ears like a child and utterly fail to even vaugely acknowledge that is truly incredibly small minded and petty behavoiur

It won't suddenly make your balls fall off to admit you are wrong

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
You probably are taking something pretty strong to even hold that utterly absurd opinion in the first place. Head has proven unequivocally over the last three years or so that he is a very good Test player indeed, for you to stick your fingers in your ears like a child and utterly fail to even vaugely acknowledge that is truly incredibly small minded and petty behavoiur

It won't suddenly make your balls fall off to admit you are wrong
okay but here's the thing: whether or not my opinion on head's test level batting is reasonable or not is entirely beside the point in circs where what's happened here is you've thrown hands at me apropos of nothing, based on a misapprehension, and then we've spent way too many posts than necessary having a stupid back and forth because you've taken my correction of that misapprehension, in which i make clear i agree with your take as to his lo batting, as just the latest battle in some apparently emotional and relentless crusade i'm on to red letter your guy which ????

you're arguing with a voice in your head man