• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #27- Australia vs New Zealand - October 28th-Dharamsala (D)

Qlder

International Debutant
I thought Australia seemed to be getting bowled out a lot so checked and yep, 5 of their last 9 games batting first they haven't lasted the 50 overs

Gob

International Coach
Would have been nice to get over 400 but still

Not too shabby..Read that in Tracy Morgan's voice

Adorable Asshole

International Regular

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought Australia seemed to be getting bowled out a lot so checked and yep, 5 of their last 9 games batting first they haven't lasted the 50 overs
That's partly a sign that they are using all their resources. It wouor be concerning if they kept finishing their innings 5 down, it would mean they're leaving runs out there.

King Kane

International Debutant
We will need some atrocious bowling from Australia and some brilliance in the batting to get anywhere near this
We will also need to bring back peak McCullum, Ryder or Guptill to get off to the sort of blistering start that the Aussie openers got.

I can't see Young and Conway doing that.

Qlder

International Debutant
That's partly a sign that they are using all their resources. It wouor be concerning if they kept finishing their innings 5 down, it would mean they're leaving runs out there.
Actually good point. Overs bowled out were 49.2, 49.3, 50.0, 49.0 and 35.4 so all but one game milking every resource 😀

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After the ridiculous start Aussies may feel they came up short despite a huge total. Be interesting to see if Head or Smith bowl as spin looked far harder to hit than pace.

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
Feels like the Kiwis got away with one there. Boult managed to pull this back for them at the end and keep it under 400.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Need a big Daryl special to get anywhere near. New Zealand are too attritional outside him for the want of a better word. It is ironic that they were among the pioneer nations for advanced big hitting and ball-striking. Unlike England.

Flem274*

123/5
Need a big Daryl special to get anywhere near. New Zealand are too attritional outside him for the want of a better word. It is ironic that they were among the pioneer nations for advanced big hitting and ball-striking. Unlike England.
I wouldn't call Ravindra, Phillips and Neesham attritional.

Fair chance all 3 are out caught going aerial.

R!TTER

State Regular
Or they're not playing well in the middle overs, they've been bowled out 8 out of 14 games since June this year, granted they didn't play the full strength side in all of them but it should be a cause of concern. If/when Warner &/or Head don't fire Smith/Marnus aren't looking like scoring that big or quick enough. Maxwell is good for the last few overs but he generally doesn't have the patience to last 20-30 overs on difficult surfaces & Marsh isn't scoring much here either, if surface is hard. I'd probably drop Smith on current form.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
I wouldn't call Ravindra, Phillips and Neesham attritional.

Fair chance all 3 are out caught going aerial.
Yeah it's not the right word. But out of New Zealand's best batters, Mitchell is the most destructive. Phillips and Neesham are no7s.