• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #27- Australia vs New Zealand - October 28th-Dharamsala (D)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So having now seen how this pitch plays and worked out that pace get slaughtered, we're going to lollapse to Maxwell's bowling aren't we.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not for a second are we a **** side now. We are still a pretty well rounded side, even if our 5th/6th bowling options are not as dependable as they could be and maybe our keeper isn't a world class 5.

But there is such a massive sample size of performances where we get made to look like bitches by Australia because they're Australia. The ODI series last year. The 2019 Test series. The 2015 World Cup final, and to be honest the pool game with the bat. The 2019 WC pool game. The 2021 T20 WC final. The 2016 Test series at home. This game. I could name 10 more if I look them up but this is only off the top of my head. They really stick into our psyche in international cricket.
Haha, only thing that's actually gone right today so far tbf.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not for a second are we a **** side now. We are still a pretty well rounded side, even if our 5th/6th bowling options are not as dependable as they could be and maybe our keeper isn't a world class 5.

But there is such a massive sample size of performances where we get made to look like bitches by Australia because they're Australia. The ODI series last year. The 2019 Test series. The 2015 World Cup final, and to be honest the pool game with the bat. The 2019 WC pool game. The 2021 T20 WC final. The 2016 Test series at home. This game. I could name 10 more if I look them up but this is only off the top of my head. They really stick into our psyche in international cricket.
Oh yeah I’m not saying Aus hasn’t had the wood on them, just that the idea they’ll somehow be scarred seems a bit fanciful to me. I think they’re too good an outfit for that.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant

Certainly for ODI series in Australia. Despite always being talked up as how competitive they are in that format, I don't think they've ever won an ODI series in Australia.

The one time NZ had the measure of Australia in one-dayers in Australia - 2001/02 - they still lost the tri-series to South Africa.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh yeah I’m. It saying Aus hasn’t had the wood on them, just that the idea they’ll somehow be scarred seems a bit fanciful to me. I think they’re too good an outfit for that.
I do reckon Henry rolled over and showed his belly tbf. But whether that's due to it being Australia or him disliking being taken on like that is debatable.

Boult wasnt shaken, and neither was Ferg (hes just a bit crap)

Spinners been fine

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh yeah I’m not saying Aus hasn’t had the wood on them, just that the idea they’ll somehow be scarred seems a bit fanciful to me. I think they’re too good an outfit for that.
Oh I agree. There's no scars if we play SA. India, that's different because they are a superior side to us...but if we somehow finished 2nd and Australia third, there's scars. No question. Not just from today.

That's why I rate Shane Bond so highly, he cut through that ****. Not many have

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I do reckon Henry rolled over and showed his belly tbf. But whether that's due to it being Australia or him disliking being taken on like that is debatable.

Boult wasnt shaken, and neither was Ferg (hes just a bit crap)

Spinners been fine
Trent Boult another good shout of a guy who hasn't been scared to take Australia on.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Certainly for ODI series in Australia. Despite always being talked up as how competitive they are in that format, I don't think they've ever won an ODI series in Australia.

The one time NZ had the measure of Australia in one-dayers in Australia - 2001/02 - they still lost the tri-series to South Africa.
We were going to win a five match series in 2009, but it started pouring down in Brisbane just as Brendon Diamanti was blazing us to victory.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
****ing NZers wishing for the Union and League wins did this
No, I already knew Australia was much superior and would easily beat NZ, thats why I have been going on and on about how NZ has to be careful as there is a possibility of NZ struggling to secure the 4th spot!

In any case, winning the Rugby World Cup and that too vs Spingboks is 100x better than winning a group match vs Aus in cricket.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
We were going to win a five match series in 2009, but it started pouring down in Brisbane just as Brendon Diamanti was blazing us to victory.
Ha ha yeah. That lineup was the unlikeliest one to stretch the Aussies. File Grant Elliott under ‘showing a willingness to take on the green and gold’