• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England thread

mackembhoy

International Debutant
He played in Bangladesh earlier this year but you have to wonder if he'll consistently play for England again. And if he does will he be the same bowler.
Looked more than capable earlier this year. First game was a bit rusty but settled right in after that.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
  • Phil Salt
  • Will Jacks
  • Zak Crawley(c)
  • Ben Duckett
  • Sam Hain
  • Jamie Smith(wk)
  • Brydon Carse
  • Rehan Ahmed
  • Tom Hartley
  • Matthew Potts
  • George Scrimshaw
That side picked against Ireland will be where we go from now I think, can see all but Smith, Potts and Hartley figuring heavily, think with Pope when he's fit.

I'm not displeased with the batting there, but the bowling is still a massive struggle, need to look at Tongue and hope mahmood can maybe get fit, but yeah bleak.
Still got very high hopes for John Turner.

Niall

International Coach
Probably bowling better than Woakes

Its a different format obviously, but looking at the world cup he can't play the test series in India.

Not sure if their is a bowling attack England can put together that would concern India next year tbh.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Its a different format obviously, but looking at the world cup he can't play the test series in India.

Not sure if their is a bowling attack England can put together that would concern India next year tbh.
As long as Crawley and Duckett can Bazball Ashwin and Jaddu out of the attack, we should be ok.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

I don’t think he was going to India in Jan regardless, he even said himself in wisden he wasn’t worth the selection. Don’t think this is relevant to that one way or another personally

Molehill

International Captain
Since Mott took over, England's win percentage in ODI's is 50%. Take out games with Ireland and Netherlands and it drops to 34%.

Between 2015-22 it was 69%.

Turns out that coaching a dominant women's team is a bit easier. The strategy call to bowl first on Saturday was up there as some of the stupidest I've ever come across. Time to kick the Aussie out for me.

Reactions: FBU

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Since Mott took over, England's win percentage in ODI's is 50%. Take out games with Ireland and Netherlands and it drops to 34%.

Between 2015-22 it was 69%.

Turns out that coaching a dominant women's team is a bit easier. The strategy call to bowl first on Saturday was up there as some of the stupidest I've ever come across. Time to kick the Aussie out for me.
We also won the T20 WC since he took over.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stokes still looks absolutely crocked

His knee must be absolutely ****ed or else you’d think he would have gone under the knife rather than being here