• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah so 3/5 of the young quick bowlers playing, with Shipley and O'Rourke missing (injured already?). Could probably add Jarrod McKay to the young PONI bowler list - 23, bowls fast but erratic. So 4/6.

Awful Cantab side with so many missing players. Though the core 6 or 7 of the side could still make them competitive with Otago.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Oh I thought Canterbury were playing Otago today - never mind then.

Looks reasonably bright on the video in each of the matches - potentially not your typical early season green seamers?

Disappointing Fisher is 12th man.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
Disappointing Fisher is 12th man.
ND playing only 5 bowlers, shocking. Now bringing Cooper on before lunch anyway despite the opposition being 5 down.

I bet they weren't planning it. But the injury replacement of Pomare for Seifert meant that playing 6 bowlers would mean Kuggeleijn at 5, lol

Howsie

International Captain
I went down at watched the first session this morning.

I’ll just say this, for all the talk about Wagner not being 100 percent last summer and he’ll be back to his best this year hmmmm. I would’ve comfortably chucked on some pads and not thought twice about going out and facing him this morning. Can’t have been any quicker then 125k, Hampton looked quicker

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
ND playing only 5 bowlers, shocking. Now bringing Cooper on before lunch anyway despite the opposition being 5 down.

I bet they weren't planning it. But the injury replacement of Pomare for Seifert meant that playing 6 bowlers would mean Kuggeleijn at 5, lol
The only acceptable reason to leave out Fisher is if he's not quite fit imo. Otherwise just make it work - probably just drop Hampton. Didn't know Seifert had a late injury.

Not exactly surprising to hear that Wagner bowling slowly.

Foulkes is one who always seems to extract an unjustified amount of nip for his pace - energetic action.

Rippon the true heir to Sodhi with that wicket - McLachlan in absolute shreds.

Auckland's medium pacers vs CD's aged but reliable batting notably boring. Edit: oh wait, Schmulian cruising to a century instead chips a catch back to R O'Donnell.

Chu should really improve that batting average of 29 this season - will get plenty of chances playing for Otago.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahahahaha you know the world is out of control when the Auckland captain takes a caught and bowled and does a forward flip in the motion of taking it.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
How dirty did we do Michael Rippon selecting him for the one T20 international with an ODI World Cup right around the corner.
In fairness to the selectors, they genuinely felt he might become something of an asset at international level if they exposed him to the environment etc. OK, maybe they didn't do it for long enough, but he's regressed over the last year or so. I don't have a problem with it.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Fisher in the squad for ND as well. Fingers crossed they both get plenty of gametime this season.
Fisher only played on game for ND last season, sadly, but, he was so ****ing impressive in it.

I reckon hes the real deal if he can stay fit.