• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #14- Australia vs Sri Lanka- October 16th-Lucknow- #BottomDwellers

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sri Lanka are minnows these days but if conditions are Subcontinent-y enough it will bring them into the game

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Australia had tough start, but they've also played two top teams!
Out of form/low in confidence Australia is still way better than clueless SL Another one sided match is on the cards.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Chamika improves the side a bit. Rajitha for Pathirana is also an improvement. It will be another spin test for Australia from Theekshana, Wellalage, DDS and probably Asalanka too.

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
If SL bat first, they will smash the Aussies. If they bat second, and Aus post something below 300, I’d still back them to win.

TheJediBrah

Yeah hope that's legit. Massively overdue. Thought they might have learned their lesson after keeping a useless Finch around about a year after his use by date that having a captain that isn't any good does not help the team

Be kind of funny if Stoinis is still there though

TheJediBrah

I'm assuming dropping Cummins would be so they can play an extra bat and have Green/Stoinis at 8. It would definitely make the team a bit stronger

Marsh
Warner
Smith
Marnus
Inglis
Maxwell
Green
Stoinis
Starc
Haze
Zampa

Unless Carey and Inglis could both play and Stoinis can go away. Also assuming Agar and Head are still unavailable

The other guy in the squad is Abbott and I can't see him being a much better option than Cummins

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
I'm assuming dropping Cummins would be so they can play an extra bat and have Green/Stoinis at 8. It would definitely make the team a bit stronger

Marsh
Warner
Smith
Marnus
Inglis
Maxwell
Green
Stoinis
Starc
Haze
Zampa

Unless Carey and Inglis could both play and Stoinis can go away. Also assuming Agar and Head are still unavailable
So Aussies only going with 2 and a half bowlers?

TheJediBrah

So Aussies only going with 2 and a half bowlers?
Adding Cummins doesn't make it any better

They'd be hoping for 30 overs out of Haze/Starc/Zampa and Maxwell has been perfectly adequate bowling 10 which leaves 10 overs to be made up between Green, Stoinis & Marsh if he's bowling.

Think you might be exaggerating a bit

TheJediBrah

I have more faith in Stoinis' ODI bowling than Cummins atm

But having said that Cummins' batting is at least as useful as Stoin's so maybe it evens out

Qlder

International Debutant
A reminder that Sri Lanka beat Aus 3-2 in their last ODI series and Aus has now won only one of their last 8 ODIs

If Aus win it'll be a miracle