• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match #10 — Australia Vs South Africa Oct 12th, Lucknow

loterry1994

International Debutant
The no-rounders thing isn't the main issue - though it is a big problem - it's more than having Cummins as captain really leads to this three frontline quicks balance which is just obviously broken in these conditions.

Yeah Agar is a big miss here. Would have been worth his place easily.
Cummins captaincy is an issue cause they can’t really drop him. Our bowling change after Starc and Haze is weak which is Cummins other teams look stronger. And like I said he should have looked to Marsh and Stoinis for at least 4-5 overs more when he saw himself and zampa going for runs earlier. Stoinis nearly had a wicket and Marsh had a decent first over. The all rounders aren’t bad our third bowling option just doesn’t suit them currently

Spark

Global Moderator
Having said all that SA are slightly in danger of messing this up here, they should have been on for 330+ the way they were going and that might be tricky now.

King Kane

International Debutant
The Saffers are back in WC choke mode.

Jansen can be handy with the bat but he isn't a proper finisher.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah hearing Matt Short's name, surely he'd have been worth a spot in the squad at least?
Bit of a maverick with the bat, bowls decent spin and excellent in the field. Maybe against a top class quick he'll look out of his depth, but surely you take that gamble?
His upside is really really good imo

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah hearing Matt Short's name, surely he'd have been worth a spot in the squad at least?
Bit of a maverick with the bat, bowls decent spin and excellent in the field. Maybe against a top class quick he'll look out of his depth, but surely you take that gamble?
His upside is really really good imo
He's definitely one of the players that should have been blooded well before the tournament as a serious option. By the time he got a go it was way too late.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Australia’s main spinner hasn’t played white ball for the country for 4 years

Lyon, Murphy, Kuhnemann and even Chris Green are all better than Agar

Ashton Turner is a much more useful cricketer these days as is Short

The guy has basically been deemed not good enough to play on his last 2 tours
I’m talking about Aus main spinner in odis the last few years in Zampa who is struggling more than usual. Agar whatever people say was very important to this line up, his been good in odis and t20s for Aus the last year plus his handy with the bat and a gun fielder. Now we have a few injuries before the tournament starts and we’re uncertain about our staring 11 and our balance isn’t as good that’s why Agar is important same so Travis ahead is.

Molehill

International Captain
Oh mate, no one cares about rugby in Aus. It’s a fringe sport for private school wankers here.
I think they do, it's just you that doesn't. It's a fringe sport for private schools here, but at least it's played seriously by more than 2 and a half countries around the world.

I hope we take the football seriously tomorrow night, could be embarrassing if we do.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf to Australia, the Saffers have lobbed lots of balls just out of fielders reach

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia regained ground very quickly there. Jammy wanky wickets but that's just luck evening out after SA's fortuitous start.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
He's definitely one of the players that should have been blooded well before the tournament as a serious option. By the time he got a go it was way too late.
He reminds me a bit of James Vince. Not in a derogatory way, but his methods looks similar
Fantastic hand-eye, minimal footwork but picks up length so quickly. Belligerent player and just really fun to watch itbt

loterry1994

International Debutant
Saffers batters been getting out to some absolute filth delivery’s only themselves to blame if they don’t get over 330.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think they do, it's just you that doesn't. It's a fringe sport for private schools here, but at least it's played seriously by more than 2 and a half countries around the world.

I hope we take the football seriously tomorrow night, could be embarrassing if we do.
No I can tell you pretty safely that virtually no one here cares about rugby union any more. And I say that out of sadness given that it was my first sport to follow, well before cricket.