• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If your team don’t win it, who would you like to?

mackembhoy

International Regular
Why? I dont think anyone was fuming about the 2017 CT?
Losing a home world cup is far cry from an away Champions Trophy mind.

I'd also say twitter is awash with a lot more morons when it comes to talking about cricket since then too. So for my own visibility of Pakistan fans goading these sort of fans it will be enjoyable.

People on here are good knowledgeable folk(albeit some might raise exceptions to the rule) so I'm not on about reactions on here if that's what you thought I meant.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Losing a home world cup is far cry from an away Champions Trophy mind.

I'd also say twitter is awash with a lot more morons when it comes to talking about cricket since then too. So for my own visibility of Pakistan fans goading these sort of fans it will be enjoyable.

People on here are good knowledgeable folk(albeit some might raise exceptions to the rule) so I'm not on about reactions on here if that's what you thought I meant.
No, twitter will be awash with butthurt fans of all of the other 4 SC sides if one of the SC sides do win the WC. So again not sure what is different, except maybe Indians have more twitter accounts?

mackembhoy

International Regular
No, twitter will be awash with butthurt fans of all of the other 4 SC sides if one of the SC sides do win the WC. So again not sure what is different, except maybe Indians have more twitter accounts?
Every single comment under Cricinfo even if not involving Pakistan/India is all about Babar Azam being a statpadder or bringing up Kohlis form etc.

It's like every football post is awash with comments about Ronaldo and Messi

Sad individuals that know nothing about either sport.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Every single comment under Cricinfo even if not involving Pakistan/India is all about Babar Azam being a statpadder or bringing up Kohlis form etc.

It's like every football post is awash with comments about Ronaldo and Messi

Sad individuals that know nothing about either sport.
Why would you put yourself through such torture as reading crapinfo comments whent heir articles themselves are so bad? :laugh:

Patience and Accuracy+Gut

State Vice-Captain
Not that much into ODIs. But, I would definitely have Pakistan to win in the final and against India. Especially to win it after some controversial moments. That would be something worth looking at.

Other than that I would say South Africa. Mainly because of such a rich cricketing history and no World Cup.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
The Netherlands is the obvious fairytale answer.

However, if not them then realistically it would be lovely to see the World Cup Final won by a traditional cricketing power who have never actually won one before - like New Zealand, South Africa or England.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
New Zealand
South Africa
Afghanistan
Netherlands
Bangladesh

Would like nations that haven't won a World Cup to win this time. Realistically that leaves us with NZ and then SA.

Out of the remaining, wouldn't mind Australia winning it either.

Victor Ian

International Coach
If I have to be upset because Australia don't win then I need to share the pain with as many as possible, so Pakistan winning would help.

mackembhoy

International Regular
Why would you put yourself through such torture as reading crapinfo comments whent heir articles themselves are so bad? :laugh:
You've got to read people's views you don't agree with. Otherwise you end up in a echo chamber if you surround your views with only ones similar to yours. It's why I post on here

As I post on another forum with a cricket section which is mainly Durham/England fans. I mean it's solely England fans as it's a Sunderland football forum, but we get some fans of other counties on.

So here is great as I get views of loads of other countries cricket fans. Helps shape my views differently, ditto same reason I view twitter comments. Albeit I tend to do that for a laugh.

Ali TT

International Regular
Wise after the event, but would be great if NZ win. They actually have the all-round side capable of it this time, although they'll probably end up losing to India in the final.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
New Zealand
South Africa
Afghanistan
Netherlands
Bangladesh

Would like nations that haven't won a World Cup to win this time. Realistically that leaves us with NZ and then SA.

Out of the remaining, wouldn't mind Australia winning it either.
Hell no. That's even worse than England winning.