• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If your team don’t win it, who would you like to?

danzydab

U19 Debutant
South Africa, they have the most exciting middle order in the world. Their bowling is also still high quality despite the absence of Anrich Nortje.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone but England or India. Who happen to be the two teams most likely to win the damned thing.

NZ would be pretty neat.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If my team do not win this tournament I would like to bring joy to hundreds of millions of benevolent yet knowledgable cricket-lovers in India, especially the 37 of them who attend neutral matches. Not to mention their selfless ex-player luminaries whose only thought ever is for the good of the sport of cricket, worldwide. If India win, noone could begrudge the restrained joy of little Sunny Gavaskar as he celebrates, nor Ravi Shastri as he congratulates losing teams without a hint of smugness. That Harbhajan Singh seems like a good fellow. Picture Sanjay Manjrekar smiling beatifically to warm the c o c k les of your heart. It has to be India.

Marius

International Debutant
Yeah.....the plucky little Kiwis get my vote too.

Overall they're a likeable mob here i reckon and the addded bonus is they may even stfu about 2019 if they finally get to hold some silverware.
Biggest trick ever played is the Kiwis getting everyone to think they're the nice guys of world cricket.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Obviously an entirely hypothetical question given England will win, but for me if they didn’t I think I’d root for Pakistan

I love Shaheen, and they’re just something endearing about Pakistan on song isn’t there? I loved their 09 T20 win over here.

Obviously the counter to this is I don’t wish to see @trundler have any joy, but.
Yes, England will win 😂😂

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Netherlands is an easy answer, but from the semi-realistic options, I'd love to see SA win it finally.

Pakistan winning would be funny but might cause an actual riot so no thanks lol.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I'd have said NZ until 4 years ago. But **** them. Been a huge pain in our backside in last 4 years.

Silver Silva

International Regular
Afghanistan 🇦🇫 , would create a feel good factor for the Afghan people back home who are under the terror of the Taliban, also they are a really talented bunch, if they can get some financial investment in their cricket , they can be a force in all formats.

Marius

International Debutant
Afghanistan 🇦🇫 , would create a feel good factor for the Afghan people back home who are under the terror of the Taliban, also they are a really talented bunch, if they can get some financial investment in their cricket , they can be a force in all formats.
What about Saffas, we have the ANC :(

Silver Silva

International Regular
What about Saffas, we have the ANC :(
Everyone has their own struggles , our government can also do better, but an organization like the Taliban that can execute you on the spot for basic human rights ..
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy

Marius

International Debutant
Everyone has their own struggles , our government can also do better, but an organization like the Taliban that can execute you on the spot for basic human rights ..
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy
I know, I was being facetious. I would have the incompetent morons in the ANC any day over the Taliban.