• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
What can you say about Nathan, great players are able to pick their moments, he began and finished the comeback. Almost mythical.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was ridiculous.

I feel like various Storm and Roosters teams are the best collections of players I've seen assembled on a League pitch, but this Panthers team is probably the greatest team I've seen.

Yeah it's a sum of their parts type situation. None of their forwards are on the level of Haas, Lolo or Fifita (or even arguably peak Tohu) but there's no weak links. They're all ATVGs

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reynolds no acknowledgement of Penrith in his speech. Sums the spoilt brats of the broncos up to a tee.

Burgey

Can’t score if you don’t have the ball
Reynolds’ game management was terrible in the last 20. He opted not to put a kick in and they died with it on the last. Couple of his drop out options were terrible too. Was playing hurt so can probably excuse the poor execution on that front at least

social

You don't need to if you're up by 16 points well into the last quarter.
Dude, they had nearly 10% less possession, made 50 more tackles and played against the wind for the majority of the game so couldn’t kick for field position

They ran out of gas

Kraken

State Captain
Yeah it's a sum of their parts type situation. None of their forwards are on the level of Haas, Lolo or Fifita (or even arguably peak Tohu) but there's no weak links. They're all ATVGs
haha what? I’ll give you haas, but bro Leota and Fisher-Harris are elite. Yes Nathan had an ATG last 20, but the momentum changed when Leota came
on. Leniu for me is such a fkn weapon and would never start there, shows how good they are

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Dude, they had nearly 10% less possession, made 50 more tackles and played against the wind for the majority of the game so couldn’t kick for field position

They ran out of gas
LOL just because they ran out of gas doesn't mean they didn't choke.

mr_mister

haha what? I’ll give you haas, but bro Leota and Fisher-Harris are elite. Yes Nathan had an ATG last 20, but the momentum changed when Leota came
on. Leniu for me is such a fkn weapon and would never start there, shows how good they are
Yeah. I think they're all great players but none are like S tier like Cleary, Ponga or Haas. Just my take

Coronis

International Coach
Ping @poorlyagedstuff. Congrats though mate.

I rate this side ahead of Parra 81-83 given the cap and the more open era. I don’t think they’re as good as they were in 21 and 22 player-for-player, but over the three seasons still the best club side I’ve seen.

You don’t win GFs from there. Fair play Crichton, I personally have thought him over rated, especially at Origin level but his back end there was elite.

Ecstatic Brisbane lost in such a heart breaking fashion. They were favoured by the powers that be all year
Can’t believe I ever lost faith lol. Cleary and Chrichton were insane. Great effort from the Broncos, Reynolds drop outs seemed very poor. And great stuff from Mam.

Bunker: contact with the head

Ref: which team?

Bunker: Brisbane

Ref:...play on.
Yeah cos that didn’t happen with the Panthers either.

Coronis

International Coach

They ran out of gas
They had 5% less posession. They made 50 more tackles because Penrith completed 36/37 sets and Brisbane only completed 27/37.

Burgey

Leota is a deadset fave of mine. Love him. Chronically under rated but he was immense in the GF last year too. Peter Kelly-like. For a prop to back up on the inside of a break like that from Cleary in the 60th minute on such a hot night in a GF is the stuff of legend.

also saw this on Twitter. Cleary reacting to Mam scoring three tries….

1696159127032.png

the big bambino

International Captain
Wouldn't swap any of them. Way better than Fifita and the other two and better value than Haas.

Coronis

International Coach
So, still only 25, where does Cleary rank among the all time halfbacks? 3 Premierships, 2 CC medals, 2 Origin series wins. Guess the only thing missing is a Dally M?