• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Australian domestic cricket season

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly still not sure what type of cricketer Hope actually is. Seemingly in a batting allrounder role here, yet the couple of Shield games he has played for Tasmania he was batting 7 and bowling a decent amount of overs

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly still not sure what type of cricketer Hope actually is. Seemingly in a batting allrounder role here, yet the couple of Shield games he has played for Tasmania he was batting 7 and bowling a decent amount of overs
He's clearly playing because they think he's the next best batsman. They don't need his bowling with the XI they've got. Says a lot about Tassie batting depth I guess. Though surely a Tim Ward would be preferable

TheJediBrah

Absolutely missed a straight one. Good ball angled in from height though

Just realised Tassie didn't bother replacing Wade with a keeper and have just given the gloves to Jewell? Didn't realise he kept. If you told me a year ago that Tasmania ran out of keepers I would have called you a liar

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's clearly playing because they think he's the next best batsman. They don't need his bowling with the XI they've got. Says a lot about Tassie batting depth I guess. Though surely a Tim Ward would be preferable
They still have Doran and Wakim too. He looks way out of his depth tbh.

Will naturally ton up after copping such a bagging now though.

TheJediBrah

I remember Doran going full Kallis-mode in a 50-over game last year, played an all-time stinker basically single-handedly losing them the game

Might have even made a hundred

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahh forgot about Doran, little surprised he isn't in this side and keeping tbh. Especially considering he had a good 50 over season last year with the bat.

EDIT: Maybe good is overselling things a bit. Made runs but was still pretty slow while doing so

Not that I think his keeping is particularly good, but surely it would have been preferable to giving Jewell the gloves though

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember Doran going full Kallis-mode in a 50-over game last year, played an all-time stinker basically single-handedly losing them the game

Might have even made a hundred
I presume you are referring to the game v the Vics in Launceston. Had to double check, but yeah that was a sluggish innings

TheJediBrah

I presume you are referring to the game v the Vics in Launceston. Had to double check, but yeah that was a sluggish innings
Might have been, don't remember exactly. It was one of those innings where it doesn't end up looking bad on paper but in the context of the game, if you watched it live, it almost single-handedly lost the game for his team

TheJediBrah

Generally for modern 50-over cricket I would almost pick a hack that averages 10 but would at least do it quickly over Doran tbh (however in hindsight looking at this game, they could actually do with a Doran right now)

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Might have been, don't remember exactly. It was one of those innings where it doesn't end up looking bad on paper but in the context of the game, if you watched it live, it almost single-handedly lost the game for his team
Pretty sure it would most likely be that day. Made 104 off 131 that day before holing out with three and a half overs to go. Tasmania were chasing 266 and ended up 17 short