• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Australian domestic cricket season

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
did he? interesting
it's hard for me to see him as anything but the middle of the road 1st grade bowler he was back in NSW
I remember being distinctly unimpressed back in Stobo's brief NSW days but he actually did do pretty well in his few Shield games. More in a steady than scintillating way though, it must be said.

Still doesn't strike me as much of a white ball bowler though

Kraken

State Captain
I remember being distinctly unimpressed back in Stobo's brief NSW days but he actually did do pretty well in his few Shield games. More in a steady than scintillating way though, it must be said.

Still doesn't strike me as much of a white ball bowler though
I'm guessing you probably know as much as I do on the topic, but do you (or anyone else here for that matter) have any idea how strong WA grade cricket is? There's another guy in 1st grade now who's the same as Stobo, super middle of the road player in NSW whos now carving up in WA grade.
(he played in the same junior rep side as Manenti and Scott btw)

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm guessing you probably know as much as I do on the topic, but do you (or anyone else here for that matter) have any idea how strong WA grade cricket is? There's another guy in 1st grade now who's the same as Stobo, super middle of the road player in NSW whos now carving up in WA grade.
(he played in the same junior rep side as Manenti and Scott btw)
Must say I don't really know enough to say for sure, but my best guess (based mainly on what Kelvin Smith did in his time over there) is that is definitely weaker than the eastern states, a reasonable amount stronger than here where I am in Adelaide, but perhaps not as strong as some might think considering the recent WA team domestic success

FWIW Craig Simmons (of early Big Bash fame) tended to gun it in Perth grade probably until last season... with the ball. Make of that what you will

Kraken

State Captain
Must say I don't really know enough to say for sure, but my best guess (based mainly on what Kelvin Smith did in his time over there) is that is definitely weaker than the eastern states, a reasonable amount stronger than here where I am in Adelaide, but perhaps not as strong as some might think considering the recent WA team domestic success

FWIW Craig Simmons (of early Big Bash fame) tended to gun it in Perth grade probably until last season... with the ball. Make of that what you will
yeah that's what I think too - which just goes to shows they're a great judge of talent over there

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Hobson making GAS taste it is so good :lol:
Getting destroyed by Turner is one thing, he's shown he can take pretty much anyone down on his day.

But getting destroyed by a bloke who would otherwise been sitting at a desk at his accountancy job back in Perth is another thing entirely

Must say the chase ended up getting a bit closer than I thought it would. Still nowhere near close enough though