• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2023/24

ataraxia

International Coach
Sodhi m8, you're not even sliding your bat

Can't wait for the social media furore – haha yeah right.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Ha ha, no problem with that whatsoever. Deft work from the youngster, Sodhi has only himself to blame.

EDIT: what, recalled?!

ataraxia

International Coach
Lol, looking at the no ball replay, despite sliding his bat very carefully Ferguson could've been Mankaded there too

Moss

Further proof that the Mankad rule needs updating. It's either a bona-fide dismissal or not, this spirit of cricket rubbish is exactly that
My thoughts too. To each captain their own on this business of recalling the batsman, but the non-striker is not entitled to any generosity there IMO.

The Hutt Rec

The captain always needs the ability to withdraw the appeal, otherwise you'd get stuff like the Sidebottom/Elliott collision where there's been an appeal in the heat of the moment, but it clearly shouldn't be out (ok, Collingwood didn't withdraw the appeal in that example, but he's a dick).

So I don't see what else you can do, it's just a case by case thing and up to the individuals involved. All part of the randomness of cricket!

Aritro

International Regular
OK, I take it all back about the squad we brought here. Well done, Gary. This is a waste of time on these pitches. They very likely knew we were going to get the same BS decks so Bangladesh can feel good about beating a major nation at home, but not at all prepare to do decently in a World Cup or in foreign conditions.
Yeah the whole exercise if pointless for both teams. Nothing will be learned. Nothing will be gained.

I have a feeling these things happen so the leadership, particularly the lunatic BCB chairman, can point to the team's record under their stewardship if they're ever under any pressure.

Aritro

International Regular
Athar with his usual **** about "unnecessary risk/why did he play that shot" when someone makes the unforgivable mistake of playing an attacking stroke in a white ball game. It's like ****ing clockwork.