• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - England, Argentina, Japan, Samoa, Chile

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ripper868

International Coach
Thing is, from what I've seen of the recent tests, England play better after a red card, so now they have 70 minutes of it.

Ali TT

International Regular
3 reds in as many games isn't it? Other teams seem to cope with the rules rather better than our boys.
Is there are a marked difference in how the prem is officiating these things compared to other leagues?

What I don't really follow is how if Curry is a red, that the Argentinian and the AB ones from last night are only yellows? There was a much higher degree of recklesssness in both of those.

ripper868

International Coach
Is there are a marked difference in how the prem is officiating these things compared to other leagues?

What I don't really follow is how if Curry is a red, that the Argentinian and the AB ones from last night are only yellows? There was a much higher degree of tediousness in both of those.
Direct contact with the head is the key bit in the framework - I think Curry has been stiffed here as there is definite mitigation with the Argentine player coming down into his head etc.

Will be interesting the last 15-20 mins as curry does lots of Englands dirty work.

Great 50-22 kick.

Ali TT

International Regular
Direct contact with the head is the key bit in the framework - I think Curry has been stiffed here as there is definite mitigation with the Argentine player coming down into his head etc.

Will be interesting the last 15-20 mins as curry does lots of Englands dirty work.

Great 50-22 kick.
Yeah, but the only reason Curry hit head and the Argentinian didn't was just luck. Similarly last night, the French player fell onto his back but it could've been head/neck.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Have to agree with all the talk of cards here, the game has taken it way over the top in recent times. It's a contact sport ffs.
England going to need a lead at halftime because pretty sure the Argie Bargies are coming hard in the second half.