• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - England, Argentina, Japan, Samoa, Chile

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Brilliant from England. Boring, but gritty tournament rugby. It won it for them in 2003 and got them to the final in 07, so well done to them.

Nonetheless, I hope Argentina plays properly in the 2nd half and runs them off their feet.

Ali TT

International Regular
Thank you. I couldn't remember the bloke's name and cba to google the match in question.
Yeah, 99 WC quarter. SA the better team but frustrating way to lose as it felt they didn't need to get that close to the England line, just set up for JdB to kick it over.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Brilliant from England. Boring, but gritty tournament rugby. It won it for them in 2003 and got them to the final in 07, so well done to them.

Nonetheless, I hope Argentina plays properly in the 2nd half and runs them off their feet.
Spot on.

I think "brilliant" is mybe a stretch, but it's a very quote-unquote "English" performance; ugly and functional but effective. So far.

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah, 99 WC quarter. SA the better team but frustrating way to lose as it felt they didn't need to get that close to the England line, just set up for JdB to kick it over.
And then "Larkham has de Beer'd de Beer" in the semi, with the French eruption in the other semi, such a good tournament that.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I swear every time I watch Argentina all the pre-match talk is about how good they are now, yet they play like they're in a movie where the villain has used some sort of power that strips them of all their rugby playing ability.

ripper868

International Coach
Great tackle from Tuilagi.

Feels like Argentina just expected England to fold after the red card. 18-0 since the card I think.

ripper868

International Coach
Probably the worst I've seen Argentina play since they joined the rugby champs.

tbf, England not letting them, and being eager enough to win the 50/50 balls etc - not sure where this attitude has come from, as it's not been there for the last 3 months.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Probably the worst I've seen Argentina play since they joined the rugby champs.

tbf, England not letting them, and being eager enough to win the 50/50 balls etc - not sure where this attitude has come from, as it's not been there for the last 3 months.
Reminds me a lot of the performance in Dublin a year or so ago where they had a man sent off early doors but still made it really difficult for Ireland.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Would love to be a back for England tonight. Just send the ball high up in the air and watch Argentina drop it, rinse and repeat.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
The other big surprise is that England have been dominant in the scrum too. Just a weird game, did not see this coming.