• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like Nicho as a player, but Cronulla again coming up empty-handed in the finals. Roosters with a piecemeal defence on their right-hand side and apparently nobody told Cronulla as they kept attacking the left. Not sure whether it was a lack of communication or what, but they won't get a much better opportunity to botch.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Penrith the much better team today. Even with our halves available it would only have made the scoreline more respectable.

RTS for Pompey and hopefully a signing for Montoya will improve us a lot next year. We've still got too many mid table players starting.
I know they needed to reshuffle but having to move Walker to one side cost the Warriors dearly imo. Unfortunately without Johnson and him playing off the bench through the guts against tiring defence, the Wahs could t throw enough at them. Defended gamely though imo. Penrith are just in a different class to everyone.

Shady Slim

International Coach
can't listen to a channel nine telecast (i know i know) without having to put up with joey whinging about how refs need to be more laissez faire/ cringingly praising the refs when they are and it ****s me up the wall because it's a comment totally devoid of match situation

the roosters in 2013 functionally won a premiership because they were offside every tackle on their line and dared the referee to call them, and refs wouldn't do it. the inquiry should never be whether the ref blows a lot of penalties or doesn't but should be whether he correctly blew or didn't ffs.

Shady Slim

International Coach
also wighton should absolutely have been marched for the afternoon
doesn't matter if gamble was beating him with a lead pipe, a bite's a bite and you can't do that

Coronis

International Coach
Haven’t actually watched the game (work, just heard about certain plays from a coworker who was streaming and a few customers). Sadly Ponga will still end up the hero because people will talk about his penalty goal and not the two drops.

If they ever stop talking about Wighton. wtf tho, didnt he get reported and the Raiders still kept the ball? What an absolute ****fest, that is at minimum a sinbin at worst a send off. What a disgusting refereeing decision.

Roosters and Knights both charging down field goals vs Sharks and Raiders just proved they really wanted it more tbh.

the big bambino

International Captain
also wighton should absolutely have been marched for the afternoon
doesn't matter if gamble was beating him with a lead pipe, a bite's a bite and you can't do that
Don't be fooled by the media make over. Wighton is a **** human and always will be. It makes me sad he's going to Souths. Should've made a bid to get Reynolds instead for a year. And with an apology for cutting him short in the first place.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stuart having the inevitable whinge in the press conference about them having players out injured. Honestly, he's one of the least likable people in the NRL, and that's saying something.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Stuart having the inevitable whinge in the press conference about them having players out injured. Honestly, he's one of the least likable people in the NRL, and that's saying something.
when he gave the big **** off to the cameraman the other week on the sideline and everyone was geeing him up for it in the nrl mediascape i reflected hard on how if it were trell who did it the same talking heads would be hooting and hollering about how it's the worst lol

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have had a couple of personal experiences with him as has a friend of mine

Waaaaay too serious for my taste and aggressively defensive about things - what you see in press conferences from him is how I found him in a more social environment

That spray he gave the Panthers player about an alleged incident between kids from a decade ago was a disgrace