• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of UAE and England 2023

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Why is it perfect ODI batting on a good pitch, England have been scoring closer to 350 on these type of pitches than 300 for about 6 years, we've been flat in this innings including Buttler for his high standards,

If the Kiwis struggle fair enough, but I think we're short, and even if not we're not quite the same batting outfit we were. Or it maybe an off-day.
Fair point, the way things are going. Buttler, I would argue, batted near-on perfectly through the middle at over a run a ball, but didn't finish well. Stokes, probably rusty.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think I preferred Livingstone's leggie offerings. There's been a fair difference in class between the two sides thus far.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I seriously think Adil Rashid must be the most overrated white ball bowler of the last decade. He bowled well in the World T20 in Oz last year, but other than that hasn't really impressed me.

Now, he'll get probably get a quick 5-fer and be motm.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I seriously think Adil Rashid must be the most overrated white ball bowler of the last decade. He bowled well in the World T20 in Oz last year, but other than that hasn't really impressed me.

I think you're probably safe mate.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I said last week, England have the batting. I'm not sure they have the bowling.
Not much sign that you're wrong about the bowling. And who would they bring in who we could trust to improve it? Maybe Wood, if he's fit. Beyond that, er, we're struggling.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Ah well he will have to settle for his two world cups

Molehill

International Captain
Not much sign that you're wrong about the bowling. And who would they bring in who we could trust to improve it? Maybe Wood, if he's fit. Beyond that, er, we're struggling.
I think Wood and Curran come in. I suspect Moeen bowling to two lefties earlier instead of Root would’ve been an improvement too.

mackembhoy

International Debutant

He was absolutely excellent between 2016 and 2019. Him and Plunkett combining throughout the middle overs is what made us so good.

Were you watching someone else for half a decade?

He's been less effective in ODI since 2019 but he's still been doing the job T20I especially both world cups.