• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of UAE and England 2023

91Jmay

International Coach
Why is it perfect ODI batting on a good pitch, England have been scoring closer to 350 on these type of pitches than 300 for about 6 years, we've been flat in this innings including Buttler for his high standards,

If the Kiwis struggle fair enough, but I think we're short, and even if not we're not quite the same batting outfit we were. Or it maybe an off-day.
It's not a particularly good pitch. Have you been watching it?

Molehill

International Captain
Why is it perfect ODI batting on a good pitch, England have been scoring closer to 350 on these type of pitches than 300 for about 6 years, we've been flat in this innings including Buttler for his high standards,

If the Kiwis struggle fair enough, but I think we're short, and even if not we're not quite the same batting outfit we were. Or it maybe an off-day.
This ain't a 350 pitch. Look how two men who were in managed to mistime pull shots then. It's been sticking in the pitch all innings.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Am I the only person who thinks Willey will get left out last-minute again, probably to shoehorn Brook in (not that he made a great case today)?

91Jmay

International Coach
yeah. I have, gain think it's a pitch we used to feast on, but again we'll see, .
It's slow and holding up in pitch a lot. We'll see when NZ bat but I'd expect us to bowl 3 spinners and Curran/Woakes to bowl a ton of cutters.

Atkinson could take some tap

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
It would be a failure from the bowlers and captain if England don't defend this. Rubbish wicket for hitting.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's slow and holding up in pitch a lot. We'll see when NZ bat but I'd expect us to bowl 3 spinners and Curran/Woakes to bowl a ton of cutters.

Atkinson could take some tap
I guess I just have been given high expectations from our one-day set-up, I think if we have wickets in hand we blast them, but yeah see on how the Kiwis go, if I'm talking ****e I often am.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Willey doing his usual try and hit the ball too hard and mistime it routine.

Hack just like Livingstone

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Good innings from Dick. England about 40 over par I think and favourites. Bowling is the bigger question mark against them though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I get grecian's point, but it does seem a bit of a pudding. We'll see soon enough I guess but it's not a *bad* score I don't think

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Very open stance for a lower-order bat
He was a great opening bat in List A and T20 for Northants. Seem him score some cracking hundreds.

Alas he's fell victim to often trying to hit the ball too hard at international cricket and why he's became a tailender get us a few quick runs.

Still remember that game against Sri Lanka he got a chance to bat a lot of time to try and get England a score. He got out cheaply slogging and Woakes scored 90 odd and was MOTM.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually looked at his record and tbh 25 at a s/r of 91 isn't that bad for DW, just seems to never do it when it matters, but maybe just a perception. Often Willey flatters to deceive I'm told.