• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Otherwise mediocre players who were aesthetic af

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mark Ramprakash

Sandeep Patil played 2 of the great test innings but ended with a test average of 36

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shameful he's not been mentioned so far, but Ramesh Powar's bowling looked so gorgeous my eyes begged to shag it.

Classic, side-on, high-armed offie's action resulting in nice flight and just a hint of drift from the right hander.

The whole effect was only enhanced by him being such an unprepossessing physical specimen too. It was like one of the Time Bandits had mated with the MCC coaching manual.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shameful he's not been mentioned so far, but Ramesh Powar's bowling looked so gorgeous my eyes begged to shag it.

Classic, side-on, high-armed offie's action resulting in nice flight and just a hint of drift from the right hander.

The whole effect was only enhanced by him being such an unprepossessing physical specimen too. It was like one of the Time Bandits had mated with the MCC coaching manual.
John Emburey too while we're on the topic of **** offies. Peter Taylor had a nice rhythmic action too.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
John Emburey too while we're on the topic of **** offies. Peter Taylor had a nice rhythmic action too.
Emburey's a great choice, and Edmonds was a virtual mirror image too. Both classic English spinners - also in the sense of being extra selectable due to being able to hold a bat. Always thought Taylor was ugly though, too 'elbowy', but YMMV.

Last edited:

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Emburey's a great choice, and Edmonds was a virtual mirror image too. Both classic English spinners - also in the sense of being extra selectable due to being able to hold a bat. Always thought Taylor was ugly though, too 'elbowy', but YMMV.
Emburey barely put any revs on the ball. Edmonds was more talented but rather inconsistent from recollection. I used to do something else after they came onto bowl.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!

His protégé, Mehedi Hasan Miraz copied this same exact action & he’s doing quite well in the international scene.